• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Speed Dip?

Started by Hidehunter, July 16, 2009, 02:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Getting ready for next season and was wondering what everybody thought of Speed Dip.  Does the gas smell were off or should I just stick with Log Wood.  Never used speed dip because I was always scared but I talked to a friend and he swears by it.  Im not convinced.  What do you think?
Denver                                           

FinsnFur

Not to change the subject but holy crap that looks like a monster bass in your avatar. :yoyo:

Ok where were we...speed deep!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

alscalls

Give it a try on some of your traps......and see for yourself...... :wink:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

pitw

Never used the dip myself, but lots of it is sold so it can't be all bad.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bigben

I used to use until one year I went to the conventional dye and wax method and never went back.  speed dip is a pain to get off fully.  the gas smell does go away over time.  keep em hanging outside the trapping shed.  normally a month will do the trick.  my problem was when I get to catching which wasn't too much but when I had limited traps a coon would polish the trap all off if it was caught early.  well if you use speed dip it was another month till you could use it again.  this year I will probably end up just boiling my traps and waxing em.  the water traps get dyed with brown dye and waxed.  the few land sets I do set are in the mountian for greays.  the rest are water sets for coon mink and muskrat.  fox and coyotes fooled me too many times with traps.  never been real successful with trapping them.  speed dip does work great on conibears though.  and use colemans white latern gas.  it is more expensive but the smell leaves much quicker compared to gas. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

Hidehunter

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 16, 2009, 05:38:44 AM
Not to change the subject but holy crap that looks like a monster bass in your avatar. :yoyo:

4.4 lb Smallie.  I'm gona post some of my fishin pics since I've been gone here shortly.
Denver