• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL Partners

Started by vvarmitr, December 10, 2006, 06:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bopeye

Studabaka,
  I don't believe you will burden anyone and I don't believe finding a suitable hunting partner or three will be hard at all. Trust me on this. None of us are gonna allow someone to go out there by themselves without any knowledge of the terrain and without much hunting experience. That would be asking for disaster and the last thing I want on my conscience is someone getting hurt or lost when it was within my power to prevent it.
  I promise you when you come, you will go out with someone or two.
I put my story up there to make it clear that Chet and I are not coming up there to be strapped with two cherries, one of which was a total moron. If "Doc" would have been the only one with us, we would have been fine. That fourth yardbird just didn't want to learn.
He told us he had never shot a coyote and before lunch on the first day was already telling us how to do it. Not good at all.
  A guy comes up with the right attitude, understands that the man who is with me has almost as many years experience of hunting coyotes as I have been alive.....he'll be fine.

I surely apologize if my post is the one that brought you to your conclusion to not come.
I guess I sounded too harsh........it wasn't my intention to run the good one's out.
It WAS my intention to make it clear that Chet and I will not keep a know it all with us this year.

Hope you change your mind.
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

centerfire_223

The LBL hunt draws some of the best callers in the east. I learn a lot from talking to these guys, listening to them work a call, or talking about how to setup in a certain situation. The list goes on and on as to what you can learn from these guys. It is definitely worth the time and money to make this hunt. These guys give out their information freely all anyone has to do is ask the questions. Plus you get to take some of the tips and try them out in a place that is loaded with coyotes.

This will be my 3rd year of  attending the LBL hunt. I look forward to this hunt more than any hunt I go on. I can't wait, 36 more days and here I come!!!!!!!
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

FinsnFur

Git on down there Stu.

I've never been down there myself. I really do not consider myself a pro either.
Been calling coyotes for 8 years or so and have less then a couple dozen kills under my belt. NOT including my trip to Texas....that dont count, we called in 29 I think in one night.

,....but I wasn't doing the calling  :sneer:

If you show I can personally guarantee you'll have a hunting partner for one of those days... :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

No no Bop. I wasn't reacting to your post specifically nor have I decided not to come. I just think this thread is a very good discussion to have upfront. It will help us all figure out some of the who, what, how, prior to showing up.

I'm pretty sure I could find my way into the woods and out again. I'll be the big 50 in a few months and have spent a fair amount of that in the woods of Maine, NY, and NC. I'm a fair trapper, and am rarely lacking a venison steak, duck, bunny, etc to pull out of the freezer. What I'm lacking in is calling, but I only got turned on to it this past spring, so it will come.  There weren't any/many yotes around when I was growing up and the last few years I got sucked into the corporate world and lost track of what I'm really about. My dad was estatic when I told him I quit and was back in the woods.....he bit his tongue for so many years, while knowing what/where I really needed to be.

I was just thinking out loud from my perspective/situation.

Thanks for your response. It is spot on to what I have come to expect from this group. I just wasn't clear about my ponderings.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Jeb

Good post Stu, i weighed in that today.
         Jeb

canine

Stu.
When you say that you just got into calling this past spring, makes me think you'd be crazy to not come. You will most definately not be a hinder to anyone. You can shorten that learning curve up so much in just a couple days and get to meet some great guy's.

As for teamin up with different folks, sounds good to me.

JD

keekee

JD is right, a couple days with some other callers and you can pick up allot.

For some reason I think that some think that because we are filming means we hunt alone all the time. Not the case with us. We really enjoy hunting with other callers, new or years of experience. We have had the chance to hunt with some great people over the years! And we have enjoyed every minute of it. Calling in and killing coyotes is great, but one thing to remember is what you get along the way is far greater than any dead coyote. And if it ever gets to the point were its not fun for me anymore, I will hang up the calls!

Brent

Bopeye

Shoot..........that's a good offer right there.
I'd like to get on camera sometime.........but I doubt very seriously there is a wide enough lens out there......... :eyebrownod:

Ever see Chris Farley in Tommy Boy..........ya know, when he's singing "Fat guy in a little coat" and then tears his buddies coat? Well.........let's just say I make sure my camo has ample room.  :eyebrownod:

studabaka

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

I give...I give...... I'll book my reservations in the morning.
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

canine

There ya go!!! Hope to see ya there stu !

Hell Bop, we'll put ya on camera and since were such nice fellas, we won't even charge ya the general rate  :huh: :biggrin:

JD

Bopeye

Glad to hear it Stu..........I sure was feeling bad for my earlier post. I was for sure that I had caused your decision and it sure had me feeling mighty bad.

Well aren't you a sweetheart tonight JD........... :laf:

I wouldn't intentionally say a thing on here to keep any of you from coming to the LBL hunt. I do believe everyone that goes will enjoy themselves immensely.

I may or may not get a coyote while I'm there, but that ain't why I'm going...........I just want to put some names with faces again, listening to a few good lies, here about some good hunts, listen to some calling, it's even amazing all the different camo, guns, calls, etc. that you will see there.

When your there, even if just a little while, all seems good in the world.  :wink:

FinsnFur

I was beginning to wonder if he missed my post cause we posted at the same time or I done scared him off.  :holdon:  :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

I saw ya Jim.... and thanks!!..... or maybe thats 'I ain't bright enough to know I should be scared off'?   :shck:

Bopeye

Stu..............you know where Spruce Pine, NC is?

studabaka

I didn't, but it looks to be a couple hours north west of me. Been around that area, but don't think ever there.

KySongDog

Sure glad to hear help might be availlable!

I've learned a bunch from Jimmie in the couple of trips I've made with him.  But have a VERY long way to go.  :biggrin:

Semp

Bopeye

I was just curious Stu. I have a buddy there that I try to visit at least once a year if not more. I just thought if you were fairly close that I'd stop by and meet ya.
We have a rabbit hunt and possibly a little trout fishing to do.  :eyebrow:

Bopeye

Semp........if it helps you any.........I have a long ways to go as well.

Believe it or not, these boards are loaded with some very accomplished coyote hunters, but even they learn something new all the time.
Beware of anyone that thinks they have this game mastered...........they might, but what happens when the coyotes change the game again?

Always learning...... :wink:

Jimmie in Ky

Anytime you run into somebody that say's he knows it all , you'd best just walk on by. I have been at this more years than I care to count anymore and I stilll see something diferent everytime out. I hope I keep having the good sense to question and think about what I see for a long time to come. I am still thinking about the success from the other day and why it may have been so good. It could have been just plain luck or the slight diference in the pitch of the calls used, from what is normally heard. I think maybe a good deal of both.

Even for the rank beginer, the campfire sessions alone are worth their weight in gold. I am not talking about the weapons and camo either. The skills of some of these guys with the calls are amazing. And they will work with you right there on the spot to help you get the rythem down for whatever sound you wish to try. There is more available to th new caller in one night than he can get in years of trial and error on his own.

I won't lie to you and tell you that you can kill one of these animals while you are there. Count your self very lucky if you manage to call one much less kill it. These animals have seen just about everything that has been done or come to light in the last few years of predator hunting. I was talking with Reggie this morning about some of the problems we have both encountered the last couple of years up there and what we could do about it. Like the old dog in the story, I know how he should have reacted and I know what he did . That is something to think about right there. These animals test the skills of any caller that tackles them. Jimmie

DirtyDog

Hey guys,

I am feeling a bit like Stu. I myself am new to Coyote calling. In fact, I am new to the area. I moved to the Middle Tennesse area in July and am trying to find some good area to hunt. I have heard about LBL, and heard about the hunt from another site. I also do not want to be a burden, but really want the chance to get some hands on learning experience, and being in camp. I would like to go, so I guess I will look into it.

Thanks
Joe