• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

OKLAHOMA FUR AUCTION on FEB 2ND 2013 PRICES

Started by okgrltrapper, February 10, 2013, 10:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

okgrltrapper

I have done some research on the results from the February 2, 2013 fur auction in Chandler, Oklahoma and here are the results.

Castors- Max Paid $13.92; Avg Paid $13.35 per lb.
Beavor- GREEN- Max $13.00; Avg $8.21
             STRETCHED- Max $ 13.00; Avg $ 7.94
Bobcat- GREEN- Max $380.00; Avg $183.25
             STRETCHED- Max $310.00; Avg $172.73
Coyote-GREEN- Max $ 21.00; Avg $12.82
            STRETCHED- Max $18.50; Avg $15.00
Gray Fox- GREEN- Max $31.50; Avg $27.14
Muskrat- GREEN- Max & Avg $7.00
Opossum- GREEN- Max $0.50; Avg $0.31
                STRETCHED- Max $1.80; Avg $1.80
Otter- GREEN- Max $100.00; Avg $83.46
Raccoon- GREEN- Max $23.00; Avg $12.24
              STRETCHED- Max $20.00; Avg $6.55
Red Fox- GREEN- Max $33.00; Avg $33.00
Skunk- GREEN- Max $3.00; Avg $1.72
           STRETCHED- Max $2.00; Avg $2.00

I hope this helps you guys about the prices. I am going to the March 2nd sale at Okemah, Oklahoma. I will update you guys on the prices that stuff is bringing at that sale. Happy Trapping to all the fellow trappers on here. GOOD LUCK. Hope you guys are having a good season so far. Our season has not been that great here in Central Oklahoma.

FinsnFur

Welcome to the site.

A couple of those look like pretty good prices.
I thought Muskrat would keep climbing since they were using them in place of mink in a lot of applications.
Thanks for the price results
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Thanks for the prices.  I do enjoy watching what is happening with them.  While I have had a fur tag for several years I just haven't had (or maybe taken) the time to use it. 

Jerry

okgrltrapper

You guys are welcome. I was thinking that the prices are significatly down from last year. But maybe it will get better with time. We still have one more auction here in Oklahoma on March 2, 2013 at Okemah. I will give everyone an update on prices then after we sell our furs from this trapping season.

okgrltrapper

Ok I'm back at work for the first time since the Fur Auction on March 2nd and I was very disappointed for the prices we got for our furs. The auction house was packed full of a bunch of disappointed people I can assure you of that. Here is what we got for our stuff.

2 Coyotes - $5.00 each
2 Stretched Muskrats - $7.00 each
1 Stretched Bobcat - $25.00 (it did have a big hole under the armpit where it was shot)
4 Green Muskrats - $6.00 each
15 Stretched Beavers - $18.00 each
12 Stretched Coons - $7.00 each
29 Green Coons - $12.00 each
2 Stretched Otters - $70.00 each
1 Whole Gray Fox - $29.00
2 Whole Bobcats - $50.00 each (THAT SUCKED!!!)

there are the prices we got for what we took up there not including our 30 green beavers that were bad by the time we got to sale and 2 minks and a green bobcat. I think we have decided to not go to the auction anymore and to just sale to our regular fur buyer that comes to the store. but it was worth the experience going up there to see what it was all about. Hope everyone has a good day.

Hawks Feather

You would need to live close to a heavily populated fur area to make much at those prices. 

Jerry

possumal

I wouldn't skin a coyote for $5.00, let alone prep the fur for sale later. That is ridiculous.
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

kyfuzzyface

Fuzzy

FinsnFur

Yeah $5.00 coyotes...is plain crazy.
Thats too bad the prices are down so far. Glad to hear you enjoyed the trip though.
Thanks for the update.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

JohnP

During the Feb sale our bobcat prices went through the ceiling.  My cats averaged over $300 and the highest one (not mine) went for $1,200!!!!!!!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs