• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Promotional Hunt Contest

Started by FinsnFur, September 30, 2009, 08:06:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Promotional Youth Hunt

First off I'd like to thank the numerous members for their contributions that are making this event possible.  :biggrin:

In promotion of encouraging more youth to get involved in our sport, and possibly on the forums...this contest will be open to all youth under the age of 18.

This contest will be broken up into four main categories:
   * Biggest Buck
   * Best Picture (with any game species)
   * Biggest Doe
   * Biggest Spike

Requirements:
   * Each Youth will be required to post their own hunting story of recent, along with a date stamped photograph.[/color]
   * No photoshop
   * No photos dated earlier then Sept. 30th 2009
   * And again, each childs story must be written and posted by him/ her, based on their  own individual  effort and merit.
   * All photos and stories, must be submitted by Jan.15th 2010
   * If the story and/or picture is posted outside of this thread, (which is fine) please state in the post that this is an entry for the Youth Hunt.

One Grand prize winner, with the best written story of his or her hunt, will be selected via member poll, from all categories combined.
This Grand Prize winner will become the owner of a Customized Remington 700 ADL Youth Rifle, scoped and chambered .243. Compliments of FOsteology.

Since we highly anticipate more contributions before this event ends, all other prizes will be distributed evenly amongst the four categories, with the highest valued items going to first place winners.

A complete list of items being giving away for this contest can be viewed HERE.

Good luck to all.

EDITED TO ADD:
In fairness to all entries...Photo's that are not date stamped, must include a reference of some kind indicating the date of harvest.
A pic of the license, a hand made sign in the pic, etc. No photo shopped dates.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

250Savage

hello my name is Aaron. i am 11. my dad took me deer hunting this week end. saw many doe and babys. only buck i saw was a big spike. i have killed many deer and hogs since i was 6 and this was the first time in long time that i was excited.i had to take a few deep breaths as i was so excited. i had buck fever bad!!!
i chamberd a round took the safety off and boom! the deer fell like he was hit by a bolt of ligtening! he did not move. he was dead right there. i hit him high in the shoulder. the bullet took out his lung and hit his spine and the bullet did not come out. the bullet was under his skin on the other side. i was very happy and excited. 3 days latter we had his backstraps for dinner. yum yum!!

i shot him with my 250 savage my dad built me. i used winchester silvertip ammo 100 grain

EDIT 10/31/09 by FOsteology: I'm adding additional info. for Aaron. It seems my camera only lists the date stamp when the photo is viewed through the camera itself. It will not include the date stamp on the picture once uploaded to the PC.

We'll include a Fins and Fur 2009 Youth Hunting Contest banner in future submitted pictures.

Here is verification that Aaron took his "spike buck" 10/16/09

We understand if his submission is disqualified due to not meeting the published rules.

FinsnFur

Quote from: 250Savage on October 21, 2009, 06:42:49 PM
i have killed many deer and hogs since i was 6 ...

With a Dad like you've got, I dont doubt that for a second. :wink:
You've both got an awful lot to be thankful for and proud of, in each other.

Let me be the first to congratulate you Aaron, on a job well done. And by all means welcome to our site bud :wink: :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Congratulations on that big spike Aaron and a terrific story.  Don't get to upset about that buck fever, I just a few years older than you and I still get buck fever. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Hawks Feather

Aaron,

You are a lucky boy.  Not only for the spike and the write up on your hunt, but for having a dad who will take you out hunting.  I am guessing that the back straps were even better since they were provided by you. 

Jerry

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

coyote101

Way to go Aaron.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the buck.  :congrats: :congrats: Thanks for the story and pictures.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

A fine buck, and a great story Aaron!  It was nice that you got to take your father out with you.  We all know how proud he is of you.   :congrats:

Tikaani

Congratulations Aaron, glad to see you enjoyed yourself.  Your father is proud of you, I am sure.  Keep up the good work and your enjoyment of the great outdoors.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

pitw

Right on Aaron  :yoyo:.  If'n you don't get buck fever in my opinion you shouldn't be out there in the first place.  Good shooting and I like you and your fathers choice of cartridge.  Excellent story and good luck.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Bills Custom Calls

Excellent Job  :yoyo: :yoyo: :highclap: :congrats:

Thanks for the story  I loved it  :biggrin:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

Congratulations Aaron!! That was a nice writeup. I was there with you when the round got chambered!!  :yoyo:  Nice buck. I still LOVE that same feeling you had!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FOsteology

Please tell me my two boys are not the only kids hunting this season... :confused:

Take a kid hunting!

Tell all your friends!

The Contest is open to all those under age 18. Simply Register here on FnF, post up your hunt story and photo's.

Bills Custom Calls

My Grandson is registered on the forum we just haven't done any hunting yet.

He is only 8 years old so he will be depending on me to tell him where to sit and when to shoot.

I will be  taken the pics and he will be doing the shooting
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FinsnFur

Yeah, I hope we get a lot more then this.
It's kind of a shame. We couldnt offer much more incentive.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Tikaani

Really is ashame that more kids are not involved.  A kid up here would only qualify for "Best Picture" since we do not have deer,  I just asked the wife to ask her friends if any have someone that would like to go, heck at this rate a photo of a squirrel might win "Best Picture"

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

FOsteology

John,

They would actually qualify for two categories..... Best Picture, and Grand Prize which is based on their hunt report/story submission.

maddmatt59

Edited to include my tag..

My name is Matt and this is a picture of my seven point that I got 10/29/09 at 6 pm. I am 16 years old and this was the first time that I went out by myself and my first one with a bow. I was doing some of my chem homework in the stand  and every once in a while I would look up and scan the fields and as far back in the woods as I could.  Then I saw white tips slowly moving across the field. When it got to the trail, l I could see it was the buck I passed up the day before (it was 40 yards away ). So I made a grunt noise with my mouth because I forgot my call at the house, and he looked up. He was about  60 - 70 yards out and then he went into the woods. I grunted again to see if he would come out but he didn't. Then 30 yards from me he came out of another trail. By the time he got 15 yards from my stand I was shakin like a leaf.  When I drew back, my bow limb hit the metal bar on my treestand and he looked up. Thats when I took my shot. I got him towards the front of the shoulder. I watched him run 60 yards to where I first saw him, then I watched him fall. It was very exciting and very memorable!

HuntnCarve

Folks this is my nephew Matt of whom I am so proud!  He's quite the young hunter.  His dad, who is also quite the hunter (though I won't admit it to him  :laf:,  taught him very well.  Way to go Matt!

Dave

pitw

Way to go Matt  :yoyo:. Nice deer and with a bow as well. 
I say what I think not think what I say.