• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

World Predator and Hunting Expo March 19-21, 2010

Started by KySongDog, December 23, 2009, 02:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

So many, many ways for you to spend your money........... and get to hear the wisdom of the do-rag kid, TT, and BS among other notable stars.    :nono:

World Predator and Hunting Expo

slagmaker

Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

CCP

QuoteMe personaly....... I'd rather go to the LBL.

I agree Slag!

Few things I did enjoy at the last expo

1- Got to meet norcal

2- Got to hang out with Champion again!

3- Got to meet bigB

4- Got to meet Brian Robinson  with western Rivers great guy to hang out with and passionate about his business.

5- Got to see Illinoiscoyote and stan the man again.

6- Got to see Rockinbaby and Jaynutsuker in there black Stetsons and cowboy boots.

7- Got to see all 5'1" of Glenn guess. (Didnt talk to him.)

8- Got to see all 5' 3/4" of TT ( did speak to him) He came to my booth and introduced himself.

9- got to see Steve Crybaby he acted as best friends when he was toting in and settingup for the HS crew but once the show started and changed clothes he was a smartass.

10- The 10 has to go to Randy Anderson all around great guy.(appears to be we were at a show)The highlight was when he came up to me in the entrance to the show and recognized me  and said he had been looking at my stuff and thought I was going to do well. Anderson recognizing me and coming up to me to talk was pretty cool.

Will I return this year NO! There are Alot of different reasons, 1 the last show was a flop this years looks no better. Having the expo at the same time as the deer expo and across the street appears to me to be a bad idea. Deer hunting still rules for most hunters and when having a choice, go to deer hunting expo? or coyote expo? I think they will put there money in the deer expo. In today's economy I don't think many can afford both. To do both they are looking at around 40 bucks ahead and that's if they don't buy anything while there.

A few other reasons

Took Rich Higgins off the speakers list because of byron South,jaynutsucker and foxpro.

Also because Western Rivers bought and Fauxpro bought the large advertising and shared equal space on the large banners and on all the flyers and website. Plus Western Rivers bought the largest booth space at the front door entrance. When Western Rivers ask to buy the same advertising as the last expo they were told we only will sell to one e-caller company this time and it is Fauxpro. WTF  :doh2: WR spent more money with Brent Rubass at the last expo and Rubass is  going to exclude every e-caller company but Fauxpro on top billing.WTF :doh2:

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

slagmaker

Yeah I want to clarify in case someone takes offense at my statement.

I dont like going somewhere that the all mighty dollar is the rulling force behind the festivities. I dont even go to the Indy 1500 gun and knife show anymore cause unless you are planning on spending BuoCuo money your not gona save money and you have to wade through the whole dont buy from him buy from me thing.

If your gona go to an expo all products should be represented equally. If someones product is actually that much better then the product should be able to speak for itself. All booths should be the same size, unless a vendor has that much more to there product line then I can see a bigger booth being paid for. An expo shouldnt be who has the most money or can suck the golf ball the farthest up the hose. An expo should be about the main subject of the event. In this case predators. From your descreption this expo is about the all mighty dollar and who can be the biggest brown noser.

No thank you. I think I will just stay home :noway:

FinsnFur

Yeah TT was struttin around with some guy dressed exactly like he was. I mean stride for stride. Plastic cowboy boots, jeans, and wetland camo.

Look like a kick off from Brokeback Mountian.... going duck hunting.
Dragging their heels and struttin like they owned the joint.
Man Rich and I had a blast with that. :roflmao: :roflmao:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Quote from: slagmaker on December 23, 2009, 03:44:16 PM
Me personaly....... I'd rather go to the LBL.

Yep, that's where I'm going.  I learn something each time I hunt there.  I don't believe there is anything to learn in Columbus. 

nor-cal yote

I had thought about going, I attended the first one, thats where I met CCP, and champion,and a few others. The main reason I went was to see coyote hunting products, attend some of the siminars and meet people that are into predator hunting. I spent quite about of money(3000.00). It was the first real vacation I had in about 10 years. If I had not of went I probably would not of heard of this site. Most of the vendors were great and wanted to tell you why there product was the best, I had planned on buying a fox pro caller, I went buy there booth on several occasions and never could get anyone to talk to me! That pist me off, after talking to CCP he turned me onto the guys at Minaska, I purchased one of their calls. I just don't understand the foxpro people that were at that booth, I must have picked up every piece of equipment that they had and nobody would even talk to me. I also bought a western rivers e caller from Brian Robinson, very nice guy he introduced me to Randy Anderson. After I heard that they were not going to be at this one I decided not attend. I am glad that I went to the first one and met the people I met, and found this site! I would rather go to the LBL than the expo.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Todd Rahm

Man I would go if I got to sit wioth Jim and Rich all day and have some laughs at some of these observations.  :biggrin: Sounds like  blast. Now if ya could sit at your booths with an ice cold adult beverage (Nothing that startrs with a "B" and ends in the word "lite" of course), it would be  afest.  :biggrin:

KySongDog

Quote from: Todd Rahm on December 23, 2009, 11:56:57 PM
Man I would go if I got to sit wioth Jim and Rich all day and have some laughs at some of these observations. 

That's a good point.  It would be worth going for the entertainment value.    :eyebrownod:   (does that make me a groupie?)    :roflmao:

Todd Rahm

Quote(does that make me a groupie?)  

Nope, I don't think so if I'm reading my Predator Masters hand book correctly (Left over from when I agreed to the TSO and gave them my left arm)...

.........(Todd's glancing over his hand book and fanning the pages, and comes to a stop)......

Nope Semp, from page 101, article "A", paragraph 4.........That would qualify you for a "Pro Staff" Position, which mind you is a step on the moderator rung (might not apply at FNF as I was never required to have a handbook here.).........Wait, and as a perk to that, here it says your also authorized to run a "FoxPro" signature line......wording of choice, but recommended it be positive....

..........(Todd closes his hand book and looks at Semp)......

So there ya go buddy your in and as good as gold.  :sneer:

KySongDog

Since I "might" go under the right circumstances, I'm gonna go ahead and grab that "Pro Staff" position.   As for Foxpro, I'm gonna wait till my free CS24 shows up before I put something real nice in my sig line.   :roflmao:

FinsnFur

Rahm's theatrical posts have a way of making my day, every time :laf: :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Frogman

This is too close for me to miss.  I will probably try to attend at least one day.  I hope to meet some of you guys there!

Jim
You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

slagmaker

I am almost smack in the middle if both events. I am just a little closer to Colombus OH than I am to the LBL.

Still rather go to the LBL.

weedwalker

Quote from: slagmaker on December 24, 2009, 06:59:14 PM
I am almost smack in the middle if both events. I am just a little closer to Colombus OH than I am to the LBL.

Slag, if it'll help you decide which one to go to, just remember that we would like to have you at the LBL. But Columbus could care less if you showed up. :wink:

slagmaker

Quote from: weedwalker on December 24, 2009, 07:30:57 PM
Quote from: slagmaker on December 24, 2009, 06:59:14 PM

Slag, if it'll help you decide which one to go to, just remember that we would like to have you at the LBL. But Columbus could care less if you showed up. :wink:

A truer statement could not be said.

Bills Custom Calls

I think you folks should put your differences aside and atleast show up and support the kids calling contest
If for no other reason then that
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

KySongDog

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on December 25, 2009, 04:03:30 AM
I think you folks should put your differences aside and atleast show up and support the kids calling contest
If for no other reason then that

Who are the "you folks" that you refer to?    :confused: 

Bills Custom Calls

Have you read the post Semp

Quote from: slagmaker on December 23, 2009, 07:18:37 PM
Yeah I want to clarify in case someone takes offense at my statement.

I dont like going somewhere that the all mighty dollar is the rulling force behind the festivities. I dont even go to the Indy 1500 gun and knife show anymore cause unless you are planning on spending BuoCuo money your not gona save money and you have to wade through the whole dont buy from him buy from me thing.

In this case predators. From your descreption this expo is about the all mighty dollar and who can be the biggest brown noser.

Most of the vendors were great and wanted to tell you why there product was the best, I had planned on buying a fox pro caller, I went buy there booth on several occasions and never could get anyone to talk to me! That pist me off, after talking to CCP he turned me onto the guys at Minaska, I purchased

It seems the reason some folks won't go is they are favoring certian items more then others
I may not agree with everything but I will go one of those days

http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

HaMeR

I hope you all don't mind but I'm thinking about going. It's probably as close to home as it will ever be & I'll just ignore the booths I don't want to associate with. I would like to meet Les Johnson. I like the way he takes his young nephews along & tries to get them shots at coyotes on his TV show. If I'm there at the right time I'm gonna listen to the kids calling contest.
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11