• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My first contest

Started by nor-cal yote, April 29, 2010, 09:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nor-cal yote

I entered my first coyote hunting contest, the Mendocino county black tail association is having a coyote contest and I entered.  The black tail assoc. says that coyotes kill and eat 4 out of 6 black tail fawns, personally I think that number is high, but I'm not an expert. This is the the third contest they have sponsored. It starts May 1 and ends July 31. First place is a Montana Silversmith belt buckle with your name on it. Last years winner in the singles shot 36, he uses dogs to hunt the next closes person had 19.
never yell whoa in a horse race

Bills Custom Calls

Good luck

if your looking for first place your gonna have to do some fancy shooting  :yoyo:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

nor-cal yote

Thanks Bill, I talked to the guy who is running the contest, and he said I was the first and only one to sign up so far :argh:

Yotehntr

:yoyo:  Good luck! 36 huh... that'd be hard to beat.
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

nor-cal yote

not around here coyotes are a plenty, I am serious coyotes are not in any shortage in northern Ca. I just dont get much time to hunt them, with work and teaching in the winter. I ll bring the camera with me tonight, leaving after work to try a new spot, and camp out the whole weekend. Its the first weekend in about three and a half mounths.

Hawks Feather

It is hard for one person to compete with several dogs or even a single dog for that matter.  The dogs that I know seem to be able to see, smell, and run much better than I can.  Plus they can be a pretty good decoy as well. 

Good luck,

Jerry

pitw

Quote from: Bills Custom Calls on April 30, 2010, 01:27:52 AM
Good luck

if your looking for first place your gonna have to do some fancy shooting  :yoyo:

Quote from: nor-cal yote on April 30, 2010, 03:33:26 PM
Thanks Bill, I talked to the guy who is running the contest, and he said I was the first and only one to sign up so far :argh:

That'll make it a whole lot easier :biggrin: :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Yeah Barry wins a lot of them that way :laf:

Keep us posted Nor-Cal.....sounds interesting :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

Quote from: Hawks Feather on April 30, 2010, 06:12:44 PM
The dogs that I know seem to be able to see, smell, ... better than I ...
I know a lot of dogs that look & smell better than you too.  :innocentwhistle:
:laf:  :laf:  :laf:

Best of hunting Nor-Cal!  :wink:

nor-cal yote

well I did two stands, this morning and had a grey fox come in then the wind picked up :madd:,  went into town and got fuel and was getting internet so I thought I would give you guys an up date. Lots of sign, no fur yet I saw three on the way in yesterday. Tried to take pic, not a good camera guy. :doh2:  headen back out now. Got new batts for the camera.

FinsnFur

You know where to find us :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nor-cal yote

Shortly after my last post the alternator, battery went out on my truck, about 4 miles from pavement :argh:, got ahold of a friend and he brought the parts and drove me back to my truck. Got it together and drove it home.  will post pics later

FinsnFur

Did you do some calling ( no I mean predator calling) while...you were waiting for the rescue parts? :laf:

Seriously though, I been there and it sucks :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

JohnP

Heck that probably has happened to anybody that spent any time in the boonies.  But we are still waiting for the pictures.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs