• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Youth Turkey Hunters Please Respond...

Started by Coulter, June 09, 2010, 08:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

How many youth turkey hunters (16 & under) do we have on here that put in an honest effort this season? Please respond here...and Barry I know you ain't 16 even by Canadian standards :readthis:

If there are enough youths that respond to this I will provide another opportunity for a turkey call to be given away to one of you guys. All you need to do is respond here and I will let everybody know what the deal is after that.

Steve

kyfuzzyface

Coulter I know Belly crawl Zack would like to be involed he just dont have a home computer and is alwayes working helping cuting hay or something else, Tell me what I need to do for him to get him self in !!
Fuzzy

Coulter

Well the first thing to do is go read the message I posted in that photo contest thread :innocentwhistle:

I'll post more info up on the youth call after we have a few responses here. Then I will just make one big post instead of doing it over and over again...stay tuned.

Steve

KurtisG

Papa and I went hunting this spring we even had a tom answer us. We just couldn't get him

yeah put my name in the hat  :dance: :dance: :dance: :yahoo:
Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

FOsteology

My boy (250Savage) is at camp until next week. We spent a couple weekends trying to coax in a gobbler. No luck this year. But certainly not from a lack of trying!

Coulter

Okay guys here is the deal...

I really don't want to do this without a minimum of 5 participants since there were at least that many trying in the initial youth contest. Anybody that knows me or has read any of the jibberish on my website knows that I am not about the kill when it comes to hunting. I am all about the experience of the hunt and the fun I have during each excursion. The kill or harvest is completely secondary to me. With that being said, the youth hunters that were out enjoying the spring turkey woods surely had the time of their lives...I for one would love to hear about it. Sooo here is what I will offer...the same call I was going to offer in the youth contest will be the prize for this. The only change is the feathers...those will be provided by me from the first turkey I harvested with a North Bay Game Call.

I didn't have the opportunity to put a call in any youth hands during the initial contest, but I'm not going to just give this call away either. You guys will need to earn it. It may be summer, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with practicing your writing skills guys :readthis: Post up your story of how your season went for all of us to read. It can be from just one hunt or it may be from the entire season...from the youth season to the last day of the season. My only requirements are that the story is written by YOU and nobody else. I want it told in YOUR own words, not an adults. The other requirement is that the story must be a minimum of 500 words. I know that sounds like a lot of words, but it really isn't. Consider this...at the end of this paragraph my word count is already at 335 words. And thats only in two paragraphs and a short sentence to start the post!

DON'T START WRITING YET GUYS
Like I mentioned before I would like to see a minimum of 5 youth participants here. Until we have a commitment from 5 of you youth turkey hunters this contest is at a standstill. Once we have at least 5 we will get things rolling. Everybody will have one week to reminisce about the turkey hunting they did last month and cherish the memories again while sharing them with everybody here. Once all of the stories have been turned in the FnF guys will vote on the best story and the call will be sent to that individual.

So who is in?
We possibly have Fuzzy's boy Zack, Bills Grandson Kurtis, And Fosteology's Boy 250Savage so far. Can you guys confirm that they want to participate? If the above are in and we can get at least 2 more participants in this then I will say lets run with it...

bambam is your daughter interested?
Silencer your boy(s)?
DevonD?

Bills Custom Calls

Yes Steve,Kurtis was here this weekend and when I asked him if he was interested he was all for it
Yes he wrote his post

Do Smiles count as words in the hunt story Kurtis like to use those smiles  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

Coulter

Smiles don't count I don't need Kurtis to have Al helping him with his writing.... :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

Oh and this ones is for me. :alscalls: Tell him not to start anything yet. I want to make sure we get 5 youth first. Thanks Bill!

Steve

Bills Custom Calls

:alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

No problem Steve

I will tell him to write it on paper first I am sure the computer will time out on him if he has to type and think about writing 500 word story  :laf:
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

FOsteology

250Savage is away at camp. Upon his return he's honestly got a full plate for this summer. He's going to be on the go with football clinic, a couple trips out of state to visit kin folk, and then there's football practice upon his return late next month.... I don't see him being able to participate and fulfill the contest requirements anytime soon. But the opportunity you brought forth is greatly appreciated.

alscalls

I hope to see the young man this weekend and I will tell him all he needs to know......... :innocentwhistle:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

shaddragger

Steve, my daughter went on her first turkey hunt on Youth Day this year at 15 and then was with me when I killed my first bird after she turned 16. She's not a member here on FnF, but if she can post under my name then she will be happy to tell her story!
Take your kids hunting and you won't have to hunt your kids!
Allen

Coulter

That sounds good to me Al and Shaddragger...don't tell them to start writing just yet though, we still need a couple more to participate. So far we tentatively have Kurtis, Al's hunting partner, and Shads daughter. We need two more before this gets underway.

Fosteology, if your boy decides to jump in just let us know. It does sound like he has a full plate for the summer. I'm glad to see it doesn't include video games :yoyo:

Steve

alscalls

UUUUUUUmmmmmmm  I was talking about Kurtis.........   :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls: :alscalls:

I have no entry sorry.......... :iroll:
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

kyfuzzyface

Steve , Don't count on Zack, He still don't have computer access and worked most everyday, Maybe next year  :sad: :sad:
Fuzzy

bambam

Hello, yes my daughter is interested. Sorry, we were on vacation and couldn't get internet service.  :doh2: :doh2: She will submit a story if it is a go. Thanks.

pitw

Quote from: bambam on June 19, 2010, 09:27:09 PM
Hello, yes my daughter is interested. Sorry, we were on vacation and couldn't get internet service.  :doh2: :doh2: She will submit a story if it is a go. Thanks.

Oh man if RayElla's stories are any where near yours the rest of the world is in trouble :laf: :laf:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Coulter

Well I hate to say it, but if we can't muster up 5 youths for this then I really feel uncomfortable proceeding with the contest. I do appreciate Kurtis, Shads daughter and BamBams daughter wanting to participate, but it just isn't much of a contest with only three participants :huh: Maybe we can try this again in the fall when we can hopefully get more of our youth FnFers to write up a little something.

Until then...how about the FnF adults here conjure up a good youth writing contest :wo:

Steve

pitw

Quote from: Coulter on June 21, 2010, 04:08:22 PM

Until then...how about the FnF adults here conjure up a good youth writing contest :wo:

Steve

Steve give me a couple weeks to get done my season and I'll be coming up with a contest for ya :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

Will there be a fall youth turkey hunting contest like there was in the spring ?