• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Marksmanship for the Predator Hunter Clinic-E. Tenn.

Started by Teamroper, July 13, 2010, 05:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teamroper

Clinic Date: August 7, 2010
Time: 10AM-3PM
Speaker: Tres Moncerec
Cost: $20/ Person

As a continuing part of our Coyotes Unlimited clinic schedule we are hosting our second clinic called "Marksmanship for the Predator Hunter". This is open for ANYONE to attend, member or not.

Every participant in the clinic should bring along a .22 caliber rifle to be used in the moving target part of the clinic (preferably scoped). If you do not have one please let me know and we will try to have one for you. Since we are not sure on the amount of time that we will spend on the moving target or the number of participants I would bring at least one box of shells.

To help everyone have full benefit from this clinic I would like to have ANYONE with topics that they would like covered to either post these items or send me a PM and we will do our best to accomadate you.

As everyone knows this clinic could cover a large spectrum of topics so please feel free to give us some input. Tres is extremely busy at the present time so I am going to do my best to help prepare him with any info that he may need. So again, send me some feedback, come out and have some fun, some good fellowship and I am sure we will all learn something.

Tres and I will try and keep you updated with any info as we get it.

If those that are interested in coming will please send me an email (barmranchandarena@msn.com) or send me a PM so we can get an approxiamate number of participants and can plan accordingly. Thanks again and hope see you then. 

When you stop learning from everybody else you are going backwards.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

vvarmitr

You sure posted this on the right forum.  ;yes;
:alscalls:  :alscalls:  :alscalls:

pitw

This would be fun to go and watch.  What kind of moving target do they use to simulate a coyote :shrug:.  After the first miss does the after burners kick in :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Teamroper

Funny you should mention that. I just got "Scooter" last night. And yes, that might be a good idea about " kicking in the afterburners" after the first shot. Scooter is about 30" long and about two foot high. He actually has a lot more detail than the original template that I gave him. If anyone is interested you can get your own "Scooter" for $80 + shipping.

There's nothing like roping, riding and shooting, but boy, my horse hates it!-Teamroper

pitw

That is way cool :yoyo: :yoyo:.  Up here I use a piece of cardboard in an old used tire and a hill :doh2:.  Do many people show up for these events?

Teamroper

Our first clinic was a Predator Hunting clinic with Jason Groseclose (2010 World Champion caller) as our guest speaker.  :yoyo: We were fortunate enough that he lives about 4 1/2 hours from our place in Tenn. and agreed to drive down to put on the clinic. We had about 20 participants and had a great time. We didn't have any shooting parts in the clinic but we were able to go to acutal hunting areas and have a hands-on scenario of how to hunt that particular farm. We pulled people from the KY. line down to the GA. line and anywhere in between. There were a lot of newbies (myself included) and we all learned something and waked away with a better understanding of predator hunting. Anyone could bring any guns or hunting equipment that they had for sale to the clinic. For more highlights of this clinic go to www.barmranchandarena.com and click under the "Coyotes Unlimited" heading.

This second clinic is just a follow up to the first one with emphasis on the marksmanship part of predator hunting. At the present time we have about 15 people scheduled to attend. That number would have been a lot higher but quite a few of the ones that attended the last one have to work or are on vacation that day. However it is still open to anyone that would like to attend. See ya then.  

pitw

Hey thanks for that :bowingsmilie:.   That dog on the tail gate under  Jason Groseclose's Photo Gallery would be safe up here from me :doh2:.

vvarmitr

That's a sweet target ya got there!  :congrats!

$80 - Gotta remember that.   :wink:

Teamroper

I want to thank all of those people who came to the Marksmanship clinic.  :congrats: We had a good turnout and dear "Scooter" held up to the challenge. :yoyo: A fresh coat of paint and he will be ready to go again.  :huh: See ya in the woods.  :eyebrow: