• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

2011 Bow Contest

Started by HaMeR, September 30, 2011, 04:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HaMeR

:confused:  No date stamp or FnF sign FOs!! Wassup wit dat!!??  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Biscuit

Heres my entry! Shot him 11-11-11. Sorry didnt get to post the pics that day just now had my friend email them to me so i could get them posted. After a long hard season it  finally paid off, not my biggest buck but i sure am proud of this one. Long story behind this deer.

FOsteology

FinsnFur

Very nice :yoyo:
He's got some unique facial markings. Nice looking deer :congrats: Congrats
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Way to go Biscuit!  :yoyo: :yoyo: Nice buck, congratulations.  :biggrin: :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Dave

Nice one for sure!  Can't wait to hear the story.  Looking at your pics I could'n't see where you hit it.   :shrug:  Texas Heart Shot?   :biggrin:

Biscuit

Thanks guys!! Dave my tree stand is 30 ft and im on a hillside and of course the deer had to come from down the hill. Arrow went in 3in below the spine and out the bottom of the stomach. When field dressing the deer his one lung was in three different strips. Them Rage broadheads sure do there job.

iahntr

Scott

KySongDog

Congrats!  Nice deer.

Now that you got that out of your system you can get back to killing coyotes.   :eyebrownod:

Biscuit

Semp i cant wait for deer season to get out of the way so me and joe can start our wrath!!! :sneer: :yoyo:

weedwalker

WAY TO GO Biscuit!!! Nice deer!! :yoyo: :yoyo:

Dave

Well I got my 2011 buck in 2012.  Six of us met up and did some pushing.  Not really much of a story as a pushed deer either comes by you or not.  Three bucks came out ahead of the pushers, and I could see them about 100 yds off, being contained on the far side of the woods by a rain swollen river (more like a creek that they would normally cross, but not that morning), and a housing development behind me.  They continued past, staying 100 yds away, then turned back my way when they smelled one of the other standers.  They came back up my side of the woods, right under the tree I climbed, and stopped about 15 yds behind me.  My crossbow is sort of loud, so I can quote Semp here  -  "Bang flop."     And flop it was as I spined it.  The other two, which were rags, ran back across the woods and took their chances with the swollen creek.  They were swept downstream about 50/60 yards by the time they swam all the way across.
Later in the day my brother shot a doe - out of a tree stand on our last drive.  I'm telling you this because I've been battling with one of the other guys that you need to be in a tree (at least 20 feet up - even higher this time of year) to have a chance with a bow.  We moved a lot of deer yesterday and the only two we got were the only times the stander was off the ground.  Don't mean to go on about this, but I NEED to vent!  And he still doesn't get it.   :madd: 

Anyway, here is my 8 point:

Todd Rahm

Dude thats a Boone and Crockett Christmas tree.  :biggrin:

FOsteology

KySongDog

Nice one, Dave!   I try to get 20 ft high for my tree stands.   Any lower and the odds go way up that they will see or smell you.   

I've never done a deer drive.  Sounds like a good method to use. 

Dave

Quote from: Todd Rahm on January 13, 2012, 11:44:03 AM
Dude thats a Boone and Crockett Christmas tree.  :biggrin:
Damn! I was going to try and crop that thing out as I knew it would draw attention here.
And thanks for the 'atta boys.'

iahntr

Scott

code

I shot my buck on Sept 17 2011. can I still count it? :eyebrow:
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FinsnFur

Crop out the Christmas tree :laf:

Thats a nice lookin buck Dave. Especially after his bath :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Way to go Dave.  :yoyo: :yoyo: Congratulations on the crossbow buck.  :congrats: :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing