• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Pa Youth Hunt

Started by msk565, April 20, 2007, 06:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

msk565

Pa youth hunt is tomorrow.my son steven and i will be in the woods.this is his first turkey hunt,i don't know who is more excited.him or me.we put the blind up on easter sunday.hopefully that will have been long enough for the birds to get used to it.i don't like hunting from a blind, but i figure it will help to him with moving around.only time i use it is when using a bow for turkey.we have a lot of birds on privite land, i usually get one unless i get too pickey.hopefully we will have our pick of them with one on video and a big smile on his face.......good luck to everyone and hunt safe....mike
Love the music of a beagle on a hot bunny track

CCP

Hope you and Steven bag a turkey good luck to you both. :yoyo:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Good luck....dont forget the camera
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bob D

Good luck, hope you get that boy his first bird !!! :highclap:

keekee

Best of luck to both of you!

Brent

Hawks Feather

Good luck and keep us posted on the kill.

Jerry

WhiteHare

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of son with bird.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com

msk565

well he didn't get a bird.had a few birds answer on the roost,but then we heard some hens with them.saw them fly down,then they went out into a hay field after the hens.watched them for 30 min or so to decide which way they were going to go.both toms had 8 or 9 inch beards.so we made a big circle to get out in front of them.got set up on logging road 30yds from an intersection.could hear the hens below and to our left.afew yelps and a tom gobbled.after 20 min here comes the 2 toms about 30yds out and down over the hill.we could see them but not able to get a clear shot due to the brush.one even jumped up on a log to look for the hen he heard.i think steven is hooked(poor kid).we moved again and set up.they answered but never saw them.best turkey hunt i ever had,thanks to steven.will try again next saturday....mike
Love the music of a beagle on a hot bunny track

WhiteHare

At least it was good to see them a couple of times. 

Better luck on the shots next time.
WhiteHare Lanyards
Richard Hughes

www.white-hare.com
whitehare@white-hare.com