• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Copperhead.....

Started by Arkyyoter, April 23, 2007, 01:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkyyoter

I am certain some of you older guys have heard the expression, "Once in a blue moon", for you younger guys who haven't, it basically means very rarely...This is one of those, "Once in a blue moon" times.....it makes me wish I was a MUCH better photographer....this call is one that deserves it...

This call is made from 100% acrylic, a new "pearlized" acrylic...and I can tell you it is an absolutely beautiful material for calls. It feels/look like glass and sounds like it was Heaven sent....the tonal qualities are to die for....It takes a heap of work...it is very expensive, slow to work, ya gotta take a bunch of precautions and keep your tools extremely sharp, but it is worth it in my opinion...

I am calling this one a "Copperhead" owing to it's coloration....it is chatoyant to the MAX...if ya can't tell already, I am LOVING this stuff and have already ordered more....it has everything you could ask for in a game call...

It has a turned bell, is polished to a glass like appearance...and is utilizing my new "Kisser button" mouth....I have found it to feel comfortable to most folks' mouth and blow well, without losing the "seal" of your lips to the call. This one is equipped with the JC reed sleeve, and will be tuned to your preference.....may I suggest a brass JC reed....can you say, SSSmmmmooooooooth?????

Thanks for lookin' guys.....the call is 50.00 delivered to your door.....

Joe

straycat

That there is some sharp stuff!!  Good job Joe.
"If you're going to be a smartass, you'd better start by being smart before you start being an ass."

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because then you won't have a leg to stand on.

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

awh

My views and opinions are based upon being banned from a place that has no morals or the common sense God gave to a pecker gnat. I also hate frogs and will reply to such at any given chance. Thank You.

bowjunkie

:shck:  thats some purty stuff there nice job Joe :yoyo:

bowjunkie

I can't take it anymore  :eyebrow: Joe if it ain't sold I'll take it ...pm me yer addy again and I will get a ck in the mail  :yoyo:

Ed

Arkyyoter

I will help ya out Ed......it is already sold  :wink: Thanks anyway....I have some more ordered.... :biggrin:

Hawks Feather

Joe,

Another great looking call.  My acrylic is still "waiting".

Jerry

keekee

Very nice Joe! Very nice! I love the color!

Brent

bowjunkie

man someone is lucky that call is freakin cool  :yoyo: your work just keeps gettin better Joe i won't think as long next time lol

iahntr

Right on, very cool ! Whip a dozen or so of those up quick Joe :biggrin: They wouldn't last long. :highclap:
Scott

Bob D

Joe,
You are just smokin those calls, keep it up!!!!! :congrats:

CypressSlough

Joe, great looking call. I like the pearlized acrylic look. Did you have any problems with it trying to chip out while turning it? I haven't tried it yet and was just wondering as some of the colors seem to have that problem.  Brian.
www.All-TerrainOutdoors.com
Brian Keahey
Texarkana, TX 75503

Arkyyoter

This one stayed hooked Brian....I have turned some that wanted ti chip, but this one did fine as long as you treated it like acrylic.....kept tools sharp and didn't lean on it too much....didn't get it hot either.....

Joe