• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

We got it done again

Started by coyote101, February 02, 2020, 06:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

My buddy Kenny, and I got out for a few hours yesterday morning. No luck on the first stand, so we moved to a new spot. I normally hunt in the woods, but this time we set up overlooking a large field that an old farm road runs through. I prefer to use hand calls, but on this stand we put Kenny's e-caller about thirty yards in front of us and hit coyote locator. About thirty seconds after starting the sound, this little female jumped up out of the tall grass about two hundred fifty yards out, hit the road, and came charging in at high speed. She pulled up at just over a hundred yards looking our way, but it was too late. Kenny let her have it and she dropped like a rock.

We kept calling, and had another one come in from a different direction, but it never offered a clear shot before working its way to our downwind and clearing out.

We were set up by that hay bale blind in the background. The shot was just over a hundred yards.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Good job guys. :highclap:  Why not set up in the bale blind instead of by it? :confused:
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Very nice!
She used that road like she appreciated it being there :innocentwhistle:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on February 02, 2020, 06:54:30 PM
Why not set up in the bale blind instead of by it? :confused:

It belongs to some guys who lease the property during the deer season. I didn't want to fool with it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing