• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

It's On!

Started by MI VHNTR, October 12, 2021, 08:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MI VHNTR

The moose rut, that is. He was checking out the camp one morning and looking for company.

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

FinsnFur

He may have just found it lol

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

pitw

They is about through up here.  Had a bull about the equivalent of your pic walk over to check me and the van out yesterday morning.  Elk have their herd of harem now as well. Saw three different herds last eve, one 6x6 had 26 antlerless he was herding and a small satellite bull got rammed up the ass by the big boy 3 times.LOL  One 5x5 had 6 cuties he herded across the road in front of me and another 6x6 had 12 lovelys to warm his bed.  More dambed Mule bucks running around than I have ammunition for :pout:.  Yesterday at noon me and couple buddy's drove over to a body of water 4 miles East of my house and there was far more than a million geese there.  An eagle was floating around making them raise up and he would grab the one left down.  Makes me wonder why man is so stupid he needs air traffic controllers for just a couple flyers. :doh2:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Okanagan

Yep,  the moose rut was full on a couple of weeks ago in northern BC, near the Yukon border.  A friend of mine and his son called in and killed two big bull moose, actully 3 weeks ago for the first one and two weeks for the second. 

On my friend's bull, they were slipping through the woods on a game trail when a bull grunted over 100 yards ahead of them.  (My guess is that the bull heard them and was asking if they were another moose, and if so, male or female.) To be legal a bull up there has to have ten points on one side or at least 3 points on a brow palm.

Friend's son eased back 60 paces and started calling and raking brush with a moose scapula.  The bull in the woods started toward them instantly, grunting and raking small trees.  My friend couldn't see him till he was 30 yards out and coming fast.  "How am I going to tell if he has legal points?"  my friend thought.  At 14 yards he saw 3 tines on a  rushing brow palm and shot.  The bull has about 8 points per side, heavy mass with 3 tines on one brow and four on the other. 

FinsnFur

That's pretty close to Tony Beets ain't it [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com