• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Let's have a calling contest - for fun

Started by THO Game Calls, May 29, 2007, 08:19:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THO Game Calls

No, the contest is not over!

I have been completely tied up with my tenants and the house.

But -

I have about 6 more entries to upload.

From this entire esteemed group of expert predator hunters - some of whom I KNOW have equipment to record sounds, I got entries from 7 people - I waited the entire month  - you all had plenty of time to practice -  so, if I don't have your sounds by tomorrow, I will cut it off and we will start the voting and declare a winner on Wednesday July 11th.  That gives everyone who is going away for the 4th a cance to vote.

This goes to the winner - so get your entry in

This goes to the last place finisher

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com
The Custom Call Makers Supply Store

Become one of 'The Hunted Ones' with a THO Game Call
Handcrafted Collector Quality - Field Proven Results

nailbender

That's some fine incentive to getrdone right there!  I did try a couple weeks ago but that dang rabbit got stage fright!  You guys would have laughed your butts off if you saw me shaking that bunny in front of the mic!! :rolleye: The dog caught it while I was mowing,, thought I had a real ringer entry there! :laf:

bowjunkie

well I treid to record a sorry excuse for a rabbit 3 times and then figured out this dang laptop doesn't have a mic  :doh2:  one of the few I have saw that don't so after a trip to town today I'll get one done this evening  :biggrin:

Rich

"I have been completely tied up with my tenants and the house."
----------------------------------------------------------
Would one of you guys go over and cut the ropes off  from old THO please?
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

FinsnFur

Every lap top has a mic Bow...get with the program.

Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

studabaka

Me thinks these boys are balking  :innocentwhistle: Either they got a secret sound they don't want to devulge, or their worried thier bunny will sound sick vs distressed  :hahaha:
"If your argument can only be made or expressed by putting someone else down, then it probably ain't worth spit." -- MicheGoodStone SA Pro Staff

Rich

No, no, no studabaka !  THO is still tied up in some tennant's basement. If someone don't rescue him, we ain't never gonna get anywhere with this contest.   :roflmao:
Foxpro Field staff
--------------------------------------

FinsnFur

If she's good looking, he's prolly enjoying it  :wink:

Heck I might have time to make a couple more sounds  :biggrin:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

THO Game Calls

Well I have escaped, and I have posted all the sound clips and a poll.

Being all tied up reminded me of the little piece of string that walked into a bar one night and ordered a double scotch on the rocks.

the bar tender told him that they didn't serve strings there.

So the little string walked out to the parking lot, tied himself in a knot and ruffled up his hair

When we was all done he walked back into the bar and ordered a double scotch on the rocks.

The bar tender said - hey, aren't you the string that was just in here?

To which the string replied -

Nope, I'm a frayed knot.

yuk yuk yuk

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

Hawks Feather

Al,

Glad to see that you are "out" and aren't stuck in the rental unit any longer.

Jerry

bowjunkie

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 03, 2007, 06:09:05 PM
Every lap top has a mic Bow...get with the program.

Start>Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder

well thats what I thought as well but this one doesn't or else it doesn't work not sure which but no sound records on it  :argh: it does have the sound recorder but no mic ...teach me ta buy an HP

iahntr

Don't feel bad. I thought I have a pretty decent laptop too( I still do I guess) but mine wouldn't work either, so I bought a little mic down at Radio Shack, plugged it in , did the same thing I was doin before and it worked great.  :shrug:
Scott

bowjunkie

that was my plan but I haven't been to town in forever  :sad: 2 days off since the first of may just kicks yer butt  :whew:

iahntr

:shck: Two days, I feel for ya man. Just curious, what do ya do?
Scott

bowjunkie

own operate a dairy we milk around 400 cows and farm 350 acres

iahntr

I can see where that would keep ya busy :biggrin: Sounds like alot a work !
Scott

THO Game Calls

Well I can certainly understand.  I have a good friend in Vermont who owns a family dairy farm.   The most beautiful piece of property you have ever seen.  They work every single day.   

But I have never seen a man and his son have as much love for the land they own, and pride in what they do than them.   Remarkable people.   You gain a whole new respect for farmers just by sepending one day with them.   Most people have no clue. 

My hats off to you Bow.   

Al
THO Game Calls
www.thogamecalls.com

ohiobob

we have 4 Dairy Farms right around me,,the 1 Farmer is 49 and he had a stroke at age 44,,he NEVER smoked or drank or did drugs,,just got up everyday EARLY and just worked hard,,it is a shame,,and another buddy did the SAME THING,,he is My age though,,so I respect ANY dairy farmer,,any FULL TIME Farmer !!! and people do NOT realize how much that equipment costs  :bowingsmilie: some of that equipment costs as much as a house and it doesnt last NEAR AS LONG!
and a house goes up in price,,farm equipment goes DOWN in costs with each year ! 
SHIT,now I am Depressed!!!  :sad:
Bob
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.

A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone!!!

Bushmaster Predator .223,,4x14 Burris

Parke-Hale .22-.250 6x24 Tasco

Red Fag is a "Ruling Queen" Then ???