Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

I tried to "harvest" him with my pellet gun pistol, missed, he charged my rig and knocked it into the ditch then escaped, leaving a trail of broken trees and twisted metal behind......... :innocentwhistle:
( he would have tasted like....chicken  :confused:)

Hawks Feather

This is a clear case of YOU NEED ANOTHER GUN!

Jerry

nastygunz

Im goin back after him with the pellet rifle with 3x9 on it next time :argh:...... :eyebrow:....I showed that pic to an older feller and he told me they used to take poles with fishing line and a piece of red flannel on a hook and go round the lake in a boat and load up on bullfrogs and then clean em n eat em.

Hawks Feather

Nasty,

You need to hang with us old fellers more.  The red flannel works pretty good and so does a gig.  The problem with the small "frog" gig is that when you hit a rock the prongs will bend so if you give it a try, get a small fish gig.  As for eating them they are VERY tasty.  On large frogs you can skin out the front legs as well as the back and get a few small bites.  It also helps to cut the back lets off at the joint rather than at the body - you will get a little more meat.  Pellet guns are not allowed for frogs in Ohio - only gigs or poles and either way you need a fishing license.

One of the old fellers,

Jerry

nastygunz

hey jerry, thats pretty interesting...im not sure you need anyhting here to hunt them, i know oyu can get crawdads and snappers with no license or anything, im gunna check with F&G and see if theres anyhting on the books, although I have never seen anything regarding bullfrogs.

KySongDog

I used to hunt them with a .22 pistol.  Used hollow points to keep them from jumping when hit.  If the ponds were in close to houses or people, I used a gig to keep from having to deal with the cops.   :biggrin:

In Kentucky if you use a firearm you need a hunting license.  If you use a gig you need a fishing license.

Semp