• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

4 more days

Started by nastygunz, April 28, 2009, 09:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

till i am chasin them green mountain n white mountain gobblas......... :yoyo:

FinsnFur

I think while you guys are doing that, since I'm not a Turkey hunter, I'll look for mushrooms :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nailbender

:laf:  That's why I'm waiting for fourth season. Which just started a few min. ago. Mushrooms should be poppin' now! Time to head for the timber! :yoyo:

Hidehunter

I'll be chasin the gobblas Saturday...Mushrooms around here are just now starten to pop up.  Hopefully I'll find some on Sat.  They go REAL good with walleye and some cajun seasoning.  :yoyo:
Denver                                           

miss_hunter

Best of success, to ya chasin turkeys! My Mustang, Kit Carson, is from the Green Mountains Range. Sweetwater County, WY? That's what his paperwork says anyway. There's not much better than watching a turkey, have a trigger pleasing tantrum! 

nastygunz

WELL day 1 under my belt......went out with my nephew...got in about 3 hours before he was ready to call it in.....had quite a few birds gobbling around us...none close...most of them on posted land...I hunt posted but have permission....on about the 2 hour mark let out some yelps on the box call....boom about a hundred yards away a big tom comes out and gobbles...he saw the decoys and started strutting....thought sure he was gunna come in....started moving the other way.I did some clucks...he strutted again but just wouldnt come in...GRRRRRRRR....didnt seem to like the decoys.......it was cloudy and about 55 degrees.....same for tomorrow then its calling for rain the rest of the damn week....sigh......anywho the birds are pretty loud and seem to be moving so il be right after em again tomorrow  :yoyo:...also lost my favorie purple heart wood striker somewhere in the woods....grrrrrrrrrx2

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on May 03, 2009, 03:17:31 PM
...also lost my favorie purple heart wood striker somewhere in the woods....grrrrrrrrrx2

Thats not good,but on the bright side, it's an automatic trip again...to look :eyebrownod:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

update again.......gettin my azz kicked........havent had a shot opportunity...its pouring rain aND..SOMEHOW I MANAGED TO INJURE MY RIGHT ANKLE SO ITS LIKE A BALLOON AND HURTS LIKE HELL AND IM HOBBLING AROUND......hunting aint for the faint of heart.......been seein a few birds but none in shooting range.......and my week is running out.......but it aint over yet.......sw some big bass on a bed in the lake....oh well im gettin some good home cookn n relaxin so it aint all bad haha....off i gooooooooooooooooooo :yoyo:

FinsnFur

yep, time to get that wheel chair on order. You want the one with trax so you can still hunt a little, or the one with the built in TV remote on the arm? :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

YOU FORGOT THE DRINK HOLDER........ :doh2:........anywho.......well my week of hunting is over.......bird free that is meeeeee....hunted in the rain every day...black flies were vicious....but its still the ultimate rush....this morning I was in the woods at 0500...at 0700 after a quiet morning I blasted some loud clucks on a tube call and got an instant gobble....called back n forth...he was moving right into me....I was pumped and ready to knock some gobbler....then didnt hear anyhting for quite awhile....then heard gobbling below me?....then real close to me..a magnum shotgun blast....almost dove for cover :shck:....werent any rigs around somebody was dropped off on posted land...hmmmmmm....anyways...that was it for the day....day before had a bird in thick woods come in...turkey cannon up...safety off....big hen!....could have shot a little bearded hen about 25 times ...I named her Nancy Pelosi.... :yoyo:.......saw tons of birds everywhere....hardly any gobbling at all and most toms had lots of hens with them....tuff hunting....but it aint over...might give er hell tomorrow...or might sleep in haha...those early morning get olddddddd.......still some feeling being in the woods early morning and hearing those birds sound off...only had 1 tick....think the constant rain drowned em all  :biggrin:....a bad day turkey hunting beats a great day in the office anytime  :yoyo: :biggrin: :wink: :eyebrow:

nastygunz

This is the little bearded hen that I saw a bunch of times...she was about 15 feet from me once...I nicknamed her "Nancy Pelosi"

nastygunz

On the farm I was hunting there were 2 mega-toms with a bunch of hens hanging right by the damn pasture with the farmers horses which he told me he did not want any shooting in due to panicking the horses into the fences....so I tried every trick in the book to lure them out of the pasture....every call I own....3 hunters calling from different areas at the same time...gobbling....roosting them....no luck...I watched them every day strutting with the ladies.....some birds are just....UNTOUCHABLE :yoyo:...heres one with the sun highlighting his fan:

nastygunz

THIS BIG BOY MUST BE WEARING HAI-KARATE CUZ HES GOT A HAREM OF HENS WITH HIM EVERY WHERE HE GOES...")

FinsnFur

:roflmao: :nono:
He a pimp. A pimp I tell ya!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

nastygunz

HORSE PASTURE TOM-2