• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

S'posed to get my biggest heart valve replaced

Started by Okanagan, February 15, 2024, 12:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FinsnFur

Quote from: Okanagan on March 22, 2024, 09:29:08 AMSurvived the surgery. It's a miserable ordeal,

I cant even imagine.Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are looking good.
I hope I never ever have to go through this.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Great news and prayers sent for a speedy recovery.  :congrats:

Okanagan

Am awake and trying out my computer for about the first time, so will update this saga for those who have prayed for me and cared enough to follow. 

They let me out of the hospital one day early, either healing well or tired of putting up with me. They have a good team of confident, competent people in the cardiac surgery, with good morale and it always shows.  I go back for my first follow-up exam tomorrow.  Have been looking forward to hitting a good BBQ joint near the hospital, but am just not up to it yet.

LOTS of procedures and protocols, four walks per day, myriad home tests of blood pressure, glucose, etc. to measure and write into a log, etc. etc. Full time tiring job to get it all done.

For anyone considering similar, herewith a few changes I have made to their after-surgery instructions, which I consider improvements.  First, my power lift/recliner chair eliminates the most painful, incision stressing  problem, which is getting into and out of bed. I painlessly get up and lie down. I sleep in it, with no twisting nor turning, rolling,

Second, putting on clothes.  This young physical therapy fellow spent a lot of time showing me how to put on a T-shirt etc.without damaging the wound. I looked at him without a word and did the excecise, but I thought "If I have to spend 5 minutes of painful conortions doing a Klingon Tea Ceremony to put on a T-shirt, I just won't wear a T-shirt."  I don't.  I have to put on a freshly washed shirt after each daily special shower.  I bought a half dozen men's short sleeved shirts from Goodwill in size 3x or larger, powered laundered them and put them on backward, with buttons down the back.  That puts a fresh clean shirt covering the wound.  It's an easy and painless way to acheive the same goal. I usually don't button or will have my wife button one on the back.  I'm home in my house and have asked for no visitors for awhile.  Who cares what I look like? :biggrin:

We dredged up a stadium blanket, simply arm sleeves in a big flat fleece blanket, and I flop that over me for warmth and stylish modesty when sitting or reclining in my power chair.

Y'all come visit and bring some whitetail tenderloin... but not for awhile yet :laf:

nastygunz

Survive adapt overcome! It seems like you have things under control sir!

Hawks Feather

Great news that you got out a day early and I am sure that it was because of the progress you made. Thanks for the tip on the chair. I don't need it yet, but probably will in time. I also like the shirt idea.

HuntnCarve

That's great news Clyde!  Won't be long before you'll be able to handle some outdoor adventures (at your own pace).  Heal up, and listen to the doctors.  We'll keep you in our prayers.