• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Craziest Deer Hunting Story

Started by FinsnFur, November 27, 2012, 08:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I'm about an hour north of Philadelphia, but still in the suburbs.  Everything is compressed when hunting locally, and this is a story that definitely shows the compression factor.      Archery season.  My buddy is doing a short push for me as I slipped into a funneled portion of a wooded lot that deer sometimes use to bed down in for the day.  The main trail follows a small creek through the center of the woods, and I hopped on the other side of this trail, and behind a tree.  My buddy saw I was in position and walked up along the soccer field that borders the thicket and started pushing my way.  Almost immediately I see an 8 pt headed my way on the trail (he was limping, trying to stay off one of his front legs).  The creek flows straight at me, and then bends to my left and would give me a 12 yard shot.  He stayed on the trail until he hit the bend, then hopped down through the creek bed , at which point I came to full draw.  He continued straight at my tree, and I just guessed he was going to pass by to my left and got ready for the shot, holding the bow to the left of the tree.  I had to lean away, and pull the bow back away from the deer as he went by, almost brushing the broadhead.  When I released the shot (just as the body of the deer was passing me) the arrow was in the deer before it was off my bowstring.  He went about 40 yards.  I figure he had been hit by a car and was a little off guard as he passed by.

nastygunz

Quote from: FinsnFur on November 29, 2012, 09:31:48 PM
Quote from: Okanagan on November 29, 2012, 06:55:50 PM
Code's Dad has a wildly embellished version of this story but, Code, don't believe him.  :wink:

I'd like to hear that version too :eyebrow:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasty, you left out the best part and that is how you tormented your brother before giving him the knife back. I know dang well you didnt just walk up to him and ask him if he was missing anything. :nono:

I whipped that damn knife out every chance I got, outside, in truck, dinner table, girls graduation, n he never did figure it out so I boxed it up n gave it to him for his bdday...he opened it up n said you sob I knew you were the one who borrowed it!!...I still don't think he believes me !

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on November 30, 2012, 04:49:15 PM
I whipped that damn knife out every chance I got, outside, in truck, dinner table, girls graduation, n he never did figure it out so I boxed it up n gave it to him for his bdday...he opened it up n said you sob I knew you were the one who borrowed it!!...I still don't think he believes me !

Are you serious!? :laugh2: :laugh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KyBoarSlayer

Ive got one. Me and deer huntin buddy Scott were hunting out of a ground blind doing damage control on a nursery property in Ohio. Well, I dont think we were feelin' especially patient that day. Theres nothing that lets you get to know your buddy better than a couple or three hours in a cramped ground blind, listening to each other breathe and fart etc. Me and him like to cut it up anyway, so after about three hours without seeing a deer we were getting ready to wrestle or somethin, so we get out of the blind. So we're standing there, our blind was at the end of a long fencerow. We're standing there smoking cigarettes and talking, like full voice talkin, ive got HIS shotgun on my shoulder. We look over and theres an 8 point buck standing at the fence looking at us, maybe 10 yards away. We've both still got lit cigarettes, and Scott starts whisperin "Shoot em Billy, shoot em" lol. The buck was just looking at us. I pull up the shotgun, he had some sort of scope on it, and I cant get a sight picture to save my life ! All I saw was black lol Scott still saying Shoot, Billy Shoot, and all I heard was the buck Blow and him gallop off. Neither one of us could believe it. I bet neither could the deer.

Billy Jack

FinsnFur

Yah you dont know it but that deer was laughing at yas. :sneer:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com