• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Topwater blowups

Started by coyote101, July 17, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

I went out early this morning to give my topwater frog a workout. I missed a bunch, caught a few and even got some of the action on video.

That last one was 4lbs. 7ozs.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

CCP

Cool Pat nice fish and beautiful scenery.  Been along time since I been fishing. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

FinsnFur

Damn that was fun! It is extremely hard to train yourself NOT to set that hook too soon isnt it? First reaction is to rear back and bury that hook, lol.
That last one was an absolute BEAUT! :congrats:
I love your new camera :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Dave

Very Nice, Pat. That last one certainly was big. Did you happen to measure it? Just wondering what a 4bl 7oz fish measures out to.

nailbender

Cool video Pat!  Reminds me I need to get out.

coyote101

Quote from: Dave on July 18, 2014, 05:45:41 AM
Very Nice, Pat. That last one certainly was big. Did you happen to measure it? Just wondering what a 4bl 7oz fish measures out to.

Dave,

I did measure it. It was just a tad over 20 inches, close to 20 1/2. 

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 18, 2014, 05:39:13 AM
It is extremely hard to train yourself NOT to set that hook too soon isnt it? First reaction is to rear back and bury that hook, lol.

Yes it is, I miss a lot. Half the time I think I was too fast, the other half I think I waited too long.  :madd: :shrug: A lot of times they are just slapping at the lure and don't have it in their mouth at all. The misses can be frustrating, but it is just so cool to see those blowups.  :biggrin:

Quote from: FinsnFur on July 18, 2014, 05:39:13 AM:
I love your new camera.

It's a GoPro that my wife gave me. You get a lot of distortion because of the fish eye lens, but I really like it so far.

Pat
NRA Life Member

Okanagan

Very impressed with your accurate casting.  Didn't know you are a lefty.  Great pics!  The Go Pro is terrific.