• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

The home stretch

Started by Okanagan, October 18, 2018, 12:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Okanagan

A tribute here to that great feeling when you get your first sight of your vehicle or camp when heading home after a hard hunt or hike.

The photo below was taken yesterday evening when I came out of the timber and got my first look at my Zuki.  I'd climbed high and hard (for me) and hunted a contour along the mountainside before dropping back to the road and my ride home. 

View south from the same spot.  Some of those peaks are in the US.

No deer but found some excellent country to hunt when the snow moves them to this area later in the season.

Hawks Feather

That area looks a little rugged. I am just glad that it is you going up and down and not me.

Jerry

Okanagan

Quote from: Hawks Feather on October 18, 2018, 02:57:26 PM
That area looks a little rugged. I am just glad that it is you going up and down and not me.

Jerry

Well, the main reason I stopped at that spot was that I fell down hard.  :doh2:

I had picked up a walking stick and coming down a steep spot leaned on it too much and it broke.  My considerable experience in falling helped me avoid injury by distributing the impact on multiple parts of anatomy plus managing several bounces and rolls rather than one crater.  Since my progress was halted I decided to take a photo from there while debriefing the fall, choosing a stouter walking stick and considering how to navigate the remaining steep slope.  That slope is complicated by wood debris/sticks/limbs covering many large sections of it from calf deep to waist deep.  I don't know why the loggers don't tidy up after themselves better.

Old growth timber is easier to navigate than clearcuts in our coastal forest.

Hawks Feather

And with that information I will NEVER be going up there.  But I might drive the road.

Jerry

FinsnFur

Those pics make me feel mighty small. What a scene :eyebrow:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com