Arrow Up
Action Recommended
Make preparations per the instructions
Issued By
Portland - ME, US, National Weather Service
Affected Area
Portions of central and northern New Hampshire
Description
...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM WEDNESDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

WHAT...Heavy snow possible. Total snow accumulations greater than 18 inches possible. Winds could gust as high as 60 mph.

WHERE...Portions of central and northern New Hampshire.

WHEN...From Wednesday morning through late Thursday night.

IMPACTS...Visibilities may drop below 1/4 mile due to falling and blowing snow. The strong winds and weight of snow on tree limbs may down power lines and could cause scattered to numerous power outages. Significant snowfall and periods of heavy snowfall rates will combine with low visibility to create very dangerous driving conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the Wednesday evening and Thursday morning commutes. Gusty winds could bring down tree branches.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Monitor the latest forecasts for updates on this situation.

bigben

well damn.  I know we are getting hammered with rain.  glad its not snow. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

remrogers

Just in time for our trip to New York. Will be there a week to visit friends just north of Oneonta. Known him since '69.

FinsnFur

Yip she aint, I say she aint uh done yet. :nono:
Was going to mow the lawn this week.
It's been snowing and sleeting for two days now. They are saying this could go till Wednesday night for us
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

MI VHNTR

BLIZZARD WARNING
ISSUED: 1:36 PM APR. 2, 2024 – NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
...BLIZZARD WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 8 PM THIS EVENING TO 8 PM EDT
WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Total snow accumulations of
8 to 27 inches, greatest over the higher terrain from the Huron
Mountains to Negaunee with the least amounts near the Lake
Superior shore. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph, strongest winds
expected on Wednesday, especially near Lake Superior.

* WHERE...Baraga and Marquette Counties.

* WHEN...From 8 PM this evening to 8 PM EDT Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Travel could be very difficult to impossible. Areas of
blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The
hazardous conditions will impact the Wednesday morning and
evening commute. The combination of wet snow and gusty winds
could bring down tree branches and cause power outages.

Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must
travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded,
stay with your vehicle.
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

nastygunz

The Mrs. headed to the grocery store to stock up on storm supplies as she was heading out the door I yelled get me some beer and cigars and ice cream, and she yelled back NO!

I am holding Captains Mast tomorrow and bringing her up on charges of insubordination  :innocentwhistle:

MI VHNTR

Blizzard Warning
for Marquette County

Issued by National Weather Service
Marquette, MI
5:16 AM EDT Wed, Apr 3, 2024

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 8 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

* WHAT...Blizzard conditions expected. Additional snow accumulations of 5 to 24 inches, greatest over the higher terrain from the Huron Mountains to Negaunee with the least amounts near the Lake Superior shore. Winds gusting as high as 45 mph, strongest winds expected on Wednesday, especially near Lake Superior.

* WHERE...Baraga and Marquette Counties.

* WHEN...Until 8 PM EDT this evening.

* IMPACTS...Travel will be very difficult to impossible. Areas of blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. The hazardous conditions will impact the morning and evening commutes. The combination of wet snow and gusty winds will bring down tree branches and cause power outages. Tree damage and power outages could become widespread.

Travel should be restricted to emergencies only. If you must travel, have a winter survival kit with you. If you get stranded, stay with your vehicle.

&&
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting.
It's about Freedom.

Let's Go Brandon.  FJB

msmith

Quote from: nastygunz on April 02, 2024, 11:20:54 PMThe Mrs. headed to the grocery store to stock up on storm supplies as she was heading out the door I yelled get me some beer and cigars and ice cream, and she yelled back NO!

I am holding Captains Mast tomorrow and bringing her up on charges of insubordination  :innocentwhistle:

Exactly! That's a violation of the UCMJ (uninformed code of marital justice)
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

nastygunz

LMAO :alscalls:

just starting to snow here.

FinsnFur

They extended our into tomorrow (Thursday)
That will be four straight days of snow, rain, sleet and wind.
When one of my operators doesn't show up to work, I have to get on the lift and cover them. I probably dont have to, but I do.
My ass has been wet for three days now. Setting on that damn thing, I have hemorrhoids the size of snicker bars. My face is purple from the sleet pelting it at 45 miles an hour in full choke mode. I'm too old for this shit.

And now the wind is blowing so hard outside my blinds are hitting me in the back of the head while I type this.

Ok, I made that last part up.  :laf:  :loco:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Hawks Feather

Jim,
   Out of all of that I think the blinds hitting you in the head would be the best part of your day - and it didn't happen.  :pout:

Okanagan

I feel bad for y'all.  Since John P is no longer here to show us pics of sun tea in Arizona sunshine, I will do what I can to make y'all feel bad.  We've mowed the lawn several times, have had flowers for weeks, yard is full of tulips and daffodils right now, though it is a cold spring and this isn't their best year.  Fruit trees have been in full bloom for several weeks depending on whether plum, apple or cherry etc.  Our nearby mountains are pure white with heavy snow. Wish you all could take a day here and enjoy it, cause I'm cooped up and can't other than rehab walks.

nastygunz

Snow is coming down here faster than Bill Clinton's pants at a White House page party.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers