• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Cur's letting 'em know what they think...

Started by Yotehntr, March 02, 2019, 10:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yotehntr

Took my curs out hunting this morning.  Went to a spot we shot one a few weeks back.  We walk across some folks front yard hop a fence and sit down to hunt lol.. They have some serious coyote issues and loose chickens to 'em.  Well we hop the fence, and there's that coyote's skeleton from a few weeks ago... Roi had rough'ed it up pretty good. Never seen him do this before but Roi showed his love, and crapped on it's remains for good measure.  :laf:   We sat down called for a couple min's and had another come in, there's a bit of a slope so all I could see was shoulders up and dropped this one.

Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

pitw

Good job Brad and crew.  Nothing like having good chickens as bait.
I say what I think not think what I say.

riverboss

Nice one Brad!

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

HaMeR

Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Yotehntr

Thanks guys! This little spot is about to run out on us, they’re putting in a subdivision.

Okanagan

WTG!  I'd love to call coyotes with a good dog sometime.

Hawks Feather

Someone at breakfast yesterday said they had seen in the paper that the price for coyote pelts was up this year.  Hopefully you get some decent money for this one.

Yotehntr

I don't think this one would be much, I have him flipped pretty side up.  The 22-250 made a pretty ugly exit on her.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Yotehntr

Quote from: FinsnFur on March 03, 2019, 07:53:32 PM
Where's the GOOD pics though?  :eyebrow:

LOL  She peaked over a rise.  All I could see was head and 1/2 her chest.  I aimed as low as I could and the 22-250 put her on an adrenalin run of 50-75 yards in thick underbrush that would've lost her to me.  I heard Roi barking just a little when I got through the brush she was down. I did get this pic though.... right around the neck area.. pooped right on him! LOL.

Thanks Pat! The curs make it a blast!

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

riverboss

Must be slim pickings around there, that poor fellow has missed a few meals.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

JohnP

Quote from: Yotehntr on March 02, 2019, 02:23:03 PM
Thanks guys! This little spot is about to run out on us, they’re putting in a subdivision.

Happens all the time.  We now live in a subdivision I use to call in and also hunt quail and rabbits.  I hate it!!!
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on March 08, 2019, 11:31:40 AM
Quote from: Yotehntr on March 02, 2019, 02:23:03 PM

Happens all the time.  We now live in a subdivision I use to call in and also hunt quail and rabbits.  I hate it!!!

Yep.  If anyone knows where Magic Mountain amusement park is in Southern California, I have called coyotes, foxes and bobcats right in the middle of where the park is now, and killed a few rattlesnakes there also.  Before the city of Valencia existed, where Magic Mountain now is, I hunted all over that area, in the brush and hills between old farms at the time. 

Where my Dad carried me on his shoulders to hunt pheasants in Eastern Washington is now a shopping center, and our old home is now deep under water behind a dam.

Yotehntr

Seems to happen more and more, just read in the paper this week another one of our hunting spots is about to turn into a 1900 home subdivision... arrgh! (must be planning a zero lot line style, didn't think it was that big)

pitw

Dang and I get upset when someone cuts a tree. :biggrin:
I say what I think not think what I say.