Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

That last ones a bukke!

JohnP

Our deer can't afford such luxury.

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Cool pic!  That first picture of deer poop reminds me of when I was a kid. My older brother picked a handful up and said try one of these they're magical smart pills, so I took one and popped it in my mouth and then spit it right back out and said oh gosh these taste like shit, my older brother laughed and said see your getting smarter already! :innocentwhistle:

FinsnFur

Quote from: nastygunz on September 22, 2019, 04:18:38 PM
Cool pic!  That first picture of deer poop reminds me of when I was a kid. My older brother picked a handful up and said try one of these they're magical smart pills, so I took one and popped it in my mouth and then spit it right back out and said oh gosh these taste like shit, my older brother laughed and said see your getting smarter already! :innocentwhistle:

WTH :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

He got me the same way with rabbit poop too! :innocentwhistle: :yoyo:

Okanagan

This young buck has been in our yard all day, a few feet from our house, third day since he moved in.  We figure him to be 2 1/2 years old.  He is a 2x3 with an eyeguard on the fork horn side to make him 3x3 I suppose.    Bow season is open.    That patch of lawn is a smallish terrace down the slope of the hill in front of our house, which is set on about four acres a mile out of town. 

You can see why they call them blacktails.

A few minutes ago he moved in closer to the house just below the window.  Most of these taken through a screen.

remrogers

Looks like that buck is giving you the cold shoulder.

nastygunz

I wonder if somebody had tamed him or had been feeding him previously?  Either way is living life dangerously  :biggrin:

Okanagan

Quote from: nastygunz on September 23, 2019, 10:06:45 AM
I wonder if somebody had tamed him or had been feeding him previously?  Either way is living life dangerously  :biggrin:

I think he is merely an edge-of-town deer used to living in the backyards and small undeveloped patches of ground that have taken over what used to be farms.  We first noticed him a few days ago when a repair friend came to fix a pipe laid under that patch of lawn and the buck was lying there.  While the man dug a hole the buck came back to within 25 feet and watched him awhile, then left, but never ran away.  He is used to people gardening, etc. but does not seem to be expecting to be fed, at least not like fed deer I've seen before.

For a week or so in June a doe raised her twin fawns in the same patch of lawn and landscape bushes.  This is a large fancy property where we are still house sitting.  We see deer nearly every day within 200 yards of our house, but all have been does and fawns till now.  In the snow last winter a BIG buck left his tracks and a neighbor says he lives behind us but nobody else has seen him. 

There are many more deer in these built up areas near town than there are in the nearby mountains.  Fewer predators, easy feed, no hunting or archery only areas, or shotgun only areas.  This buck sure likes to eat the landscape bushes!

We talked about my grandson coming over and shooting him with his bow, but the grandson declined.    I think he is probably wise.  My wife, his grandmother, isn't keen on shooting such a pretty and tame buck in her yard.  And I don't think he likes the idea of having the rest of us looking over his shoulder while he stalks and shoots, somewhat like we did with him last week when he had a bull elk in the road and he stalked it while his uncle and I watched.  Sacking quarterbacks in front of a Friday night crowd is fun but I think he would rather hunt his deer with just him and the deer.

Okanagan

nastygunz

Id try and take him with my Buck knife=sporting :innocentwhistle:

nastygunz

JohnP  what is the name of that big vicious thorn covered looking bush to the left of your deer picture?  That looks like a whole lot of pain if you stumbled into it.

JohnP

Ocotillo food source for humming birds and coues they eat the flowers, and we soak the flowers in water to make tea, that is if we get to them before the deer.  We probably have about nine or ten clumps on our property.  Some about fifteen plus feet tall. 

"That looks like a whole lot of pain if you stumbled into it."  Damn near everything out here is, will either prick ya, stab ya, scratch ya or just outright make your day miserable. 

nastygunz

I just started a new game called toss the democrat millennial over the Ocotillo  :innocentwhistle: :yoyo:🇺🇸🇺🇸

Okanagan

John, from what I've heard of Coues, that is a pretty big buck in your photo, isn't it?

JohnP

Yes he is, if'n he wasn't a regular visitor in the backyard he would b a permanent resident on my wall.

nastygunz

You guys are probably bored with all those different kinds of deer and cactuses and stuff but I find that fascinating. All we have here is trees and whitetails.

Lots
Of
Trees!