• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Because we wanted to.

Started by pitw, February 12, 2011, 09:41:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitw

The boys had 4H speak offs today so we got a late start on sausage making today.  I started grinding at 3pm and with my crew showing up at 5pm we had I5 lbs of English bangers[elk,pork], 15 lbs summer sausage[elk,pork], 12lbs of garlic sausage[moose,pork], 16lbs fresh pork breakfast sausage and 18lbs of Wilmas beef stick[mule deer and pork] done mixed and stuffed by 8:30p :biggrin:.

The crew

Summer sausage

Wilmas

Fresh pork

Best of all is the taste test pan.
I say what I think not think what I say.

FinsnFur

Looks like you had things pretty organized. Man that stuff is so good, it's too bad it kills us.  :doh2:
The boy appears to be ready to take on the world with that grin on his face and the fist grip he's got clutching that knife. :alscalls:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

iahntr

Scott

Tikaani

Nothing like wild game sausage Barry, looks real good.  What make sausage stuffer is that, looks pretty stout.  My 1 hp grinder has the different size tube attachments and we use that so we did not get a stuffer because the ones we looked at all years ago had plastic gears and they don't last long.

John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

golfertrout

Looks good barry. Looks like you got some good help to :yoyo:

pitw

Thanks guys.  John we did many a critter up into sausage with the grinder and tube attachments too.

It worked well but stuffing 100's of pounds down the smaller throat was a bit of a pain.  This unit holds 11lbs and is so easy to fill and refill that we love it.  Also regulating the size of each link is sooooooooo easy, even a child can do it :eyebrow:.  I bought this

on my way home from the LBL last year.  It was in a farm supply store that one of Arts friends works at[I can't remember the name of the store so Art is going to have to help out here].  The price was $129 which is about 1/4 of what I find these for in Canada :whew:.  Mandy who has helped with many years of the meat work said to tell you to get one cause you'll be happy you did.  This one is the Sportsman series by Buffalo tools :wink:.

You just wrecked my whole day now :doh2:

Only good part of that pic is that because of the help I got from guys on this forum I managed to do that with only one try :yoyo: :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

Barry,

Neat pictures and I only wish that I could have been there to help.  With the sample pan that is. 

Jerry

bambam

That is some great looking sausage !! 

Tikaani

Thanks Barry, was going to head out on the snowmachine and run some creeks across the Tanana river, but seeing it is -42 degrees, I think I will hang out and look that thing up on the net.  Hopefully it will warm up a bit, (that's sarcasm) and I can take off.  If Mandy says to look in to it I will, Dian operates the grinder cuber etc. here as well, so their input on if something works or not is to be taken seriously.

John

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Todd Rahm

John if ya want I can check the shelves at the local Sportsmans here in Wasilla?