• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

LBL and Government Shutdown

Started by KySongDog, January 04, 2019, 02:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KySongDog

I heard President Trump say the shutdown may last months.   I have tried to call Wranglers Campground and no one answers.    Does anyone know for sure if LBL is affected by the shutdown?    The campground may be closed due to this stupid pissing contest in Washington.

pitw

I wondered the same thing :shrug:.  Fn country :innocentwhistle:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

All of the facilities like campgrounds are probably closed. I imagine that law enforcement are the only ones working.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

KySongDog

Do you know of any alternative camping facilities, Pat? 

coyote101

I called LBL and got an Alert message for January 3rd, stating that all recreational facilities at Land Between the Lakes including Turkey Bay off road vehicle area are closed due to the lack of government funding.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

coyote101

Quote from: KySongDog on January 04, 2019, 03:41:36 PM
Do you know of any alternative camping facilities, Pat?

I'm not sure what might be available at Kenlake State Resort Park, Kentucky Dam Village State Resort Park, or Lake Barkley State Resort Park. All are close to LBL and have facilities. We went to Pine Mountain State Resort Park in 2009 because the ice storm closed LBL and it was pretty nice.

Pat
NRA Life Member

riverboss

It won't last long.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

slagmaker

I have just received clearance to put in vacation days so I don't even have a cabin yet. I may be out of luck for a cabin.

I am assuming every one wants stew again this year.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

linemansteve

I got ahold of a woman at piney grove campground and she said they where shut down till the Gov. opens back up.  My question is if no one is there 1- can we still hunt 2- will the wardens be around if there not getting paid 3- can they keep you from hunting there if they are closed ?   I’m looking at off site lodging
No signature required,my hand shake or my word is good enough.
Saw a women texting while driving and it really pissed me OFF, so I rolled down my window and threw my beer at her.

coyote101

Quote from: linemansteve on January 05, 2019, 06:16:05 PM
I got ahold of a woman at piney grove campground and she said they where shut down till the Gov. opens back up.  My question is if no one is there 1- can we still hunt 2- will the wardens be around if there not getting paid 3- can they keep you from hunting there if they are closed ?   I’m looking at off site lodging

1- I believe that LBL itself is still open, but all facilities will be unmanned and closed.
2- Law enforcement are considered Essential Personnel and are still working. I talked to an LBL law enforcement officer last week.
3- See 1 above.

Hopefully they will be reopened before long. If not we need to come up with a location to meet up, maybe one of the outdoor pavilions.

Pat
NRA Life Member

riverboss

There's no one working most of the time anyway. It's more of a Honor system.

centerfire_223

What I wanna know is, if it's closed am I going to get my money back for the cabin rental?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

KySongDog

Quote from: centerfire_223 on January 07, 2019, 05:56:13 AM
What I wanna know is, if it's closed am I going to get my money back for the cabin rental?

I'm sure there will be refunds made.   I remember a few years ago when they shut things down due to weather and made refunds.

riverboss

I have talked to some people at Aurora that own Aurora cottage's, the have plenty of room to accommodate any or I would think all of us.
They're prices aren't bad about what the cabins are maybe a couple bucks more but you can have indoor showers and depending on the room full kitchens with fridge.
They're refund is something to talk to them about as they won't give a complete refund but I don't think they keep much.
Lots of parking and everyone would be together, plus Slag could cook outside and the bigger cottages have doors between them so there would be plenty of room to hold the sat night get together.
He's a number you can call and you can go to the web site and see the rooms and parking.
It's only 1 mile from LBL and about 8-10 from wranglers. Gas station close by and a dollar store, Mexican restaurant.
Pet friendly but a charge.

slagmaker

Quote from: riverboss on January 07, 2019, 04:47:17 PM
I have talked to some people at Aurora that own Aurora cottage's, the have plenty of room to accommodate any or I would think all of us.
They're prices aren't bad about what the cabins are maybe a couple bucks more but you can have indoor showers and depending on the room full kitchens with fridge.
They're refund is something to talk to them about as they won't give a complete refund but I don't think they keep much.
Lots of parking and everyone would be together, plus Slag could cook outside and the bigger cottages have doors between them so there would be plenty of room to hold the sat night get together.
He's a number you can call and you can go to the web site and see the rooms and parking.
It's only 1 mile from LBL and about 8-10 from wranglers. Gas station close by and a dollar store, Mexican restaurant.
Pet friendly but a charge.

Thanks riverboss!
I will be looking into this.

slagmaker

OK I am staying at cabin 10 at the aurora cabins

centerfire_223

What's the cost of those cabins?
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

riverboss

They run about the same $55.00 -$65.00 for a cabin you can get cottages for $100-$110 something like that.
I stayed there about 15 yrs ago. You can book 2 cottages and open a door between them and have room for 10 or so people to sleep and live.

slagmaker

I reserved cabin 10, sleeps 6, kitchenette, bathroom with shower, TV and couch with 2 beds
180 total for 2 nights.

Very easy online reservations. :yoyo:

slagmaker