• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

LBL 2019

Started by coyote101, February 06, 2019, 01:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

Thanks for the pics, Pat.  I've seen some of them faces and things ain't changed much as the women folk are the only ones smart enough to warm by the fire. Good loking coyote and I hope you got im[ya gotta admit the story line was a mite thin :innocentwhistle:] and are gonna tell us with what gun, shell and call.  :wink:
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Quote from: pitw on February 06, 2019, 10:53:36 PM
Thanks for the pics, Pat.  I've seen some of them faces and things ain't changed much as the women folk are the only ones smart enough to warm by the fire. Good loking coyote and I hope you got im[ya gotta admit the story line was a mite thin :innocentwhistle:] and are gonna tell us with what gun, shell and call.  :wink:

I started out with a couple of howls on a diaphragm call, then went through a series of different calls, the last of which was an old Johnny Stewart Crit'r Distress. This guy came from behind me about ten minutes in, and stopped about twenty-five yards to my right. I let him have it with a load of T-shot from my Mossberg 835. You were at LBL the last time I killed one there! My dad used to say that even a blind pig finds a acorn once in a while.  :biggrin:

Pat

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

JohnP

That is a fine looking coyote, but can't say to much about the guy standing behind it :laf:

I have never used a diaphragm have you been using one for coyotes for a while?  If so do you find them more effective than an open reed howler?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

Quote from: JohnP on February 07, 2019, 10:40:23 AM
I have never used a diaphragm have you been using one for coyotes for a while?  If so do you find them more effective than an open reed howler?

I'm pretty new at it John, I just got the calls a couple of weeks ago. They are very smooth sounding when properly used, but I don't always get it right. One of the big advantages is that there is no hand movement involved in using the call. I'm going to keep trying till I get better at it.

Pat
NRA Life Member

riverboss

Pat how did the outdoor venue work? It looks like it was nice.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

nastygunz

These guys make some killer diaphragm calls check out some of their videos on YouTube :

http://www.mfkgamecalls.com/index.html