• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Sheep farm coyote

Started by Roundman, November 14, 2010, 02:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roundman

7:30 this morning me and a buddy was driving down the road going to scout some deer property. He noticed a dark spot on the edge of a field. We turned the truck around and looked again,but it was gone. He knew it was either a dog or kiyote, but wasn't for sure which one. I started scanning the field with the binocs and seen a coyote head sticking out of the creek bank. We parked and watched as he hunted the field pouncing on mice. Kinda cool because I don't normally watch them. It looked to be a large male that was marked kinda funny. His body was dark but he had a white/blond saddle across his back. As he left the field I took note of the route he used, passing through a nice cut in the brush.  Because of the area I can't hunt or shoot. Too many houses and animals around for me to take a chance calling this area. But it did get me thinking, could I have the female in a trap that's just a few hundred yards away? YEP!

The best part of the story is yet to come. My friend shoots this coyote and it rolls. I jump the ditch pick it up and drag it to the top of a pond. We stood there talking and the damn thing jumped up and started to run off. I pulled my pistol and fired two times, my buddy shoots a couple rounds and It goes down again. I drag it back out of the pond only to find it's still alive. Not only did I grab her once while she was alive but I grabbed her twice. I guess I'm still a rookie. Anyway the land owner was happy and I got my first coyote trapped this fall.

centerfire_223

Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Bills Custom Calls

Heck my blood was pumping pretty good just reading that Congrats  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Glad ya didn't get bit
http://www.billscustomcalls.net

Home of the Triple Surface Pot Call

bambam

congrats and I'm glad you didn't get bit.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

pitw

Quote from: bambam on November 14, 2010, 04:00:03 PM
  I'm glad you didn't get bit.  :yoyo: :yoyo:

:confused:  :shrug: Think of the story man. :readthis:

Congrats on the trapped/shot coyote. :yoyo:
I say what I think not think what I say.

Jimmie in Ky

Way to go Roundman. You wanna borrow my reading glasses  :biggrin: Jimmie

FinsnFur

Die Hard uh? Holy crap that sounds like fun. :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

vvarmitr

I'm w/ Barry on this.
Just think of the story you'd have to tell your Grandkids!  :eyebrow:
But then again by the time you have Grandkids that'll listen it'll probably be a knock-down, drag-out fight for your life.  :laf:

WTG!  :biggrin:

BTW was the male even darker than this female?  :wo:
She seems pretty dark to me.

Roundman

Quote from: vvarmitr on November 15, 2010, 09:16:19 AM
BTW was the male even darker than this female?  :wo:
She seems pretty dark to me.
I think it was around the same color as this one, but with a blond patch on it's back.
Quote from: Jimmie in Ky on November 14, 2010, 10:25:38 PM
Way to go Roundman. You wanna borrow my reading glasses  :biggrin: Jimmie
I'm tellen ya she was not moving or breathing when I first picked her up. I don't know how it happened  :shrug:  She had enough time to bite me it she wanted. I can't tell ya the words that came out of my mouth as that dog ran off. It was almost as if I helped in a jail break. I think it gave me the  :finger: as it ran off.