• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

yote dispatch

Started by northern coyote, July 23, 2009, 09:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern coyote

normally this would nawt be a problem, but i am thinkin about purchasein a pellet pistol for yote dispatch on the line so I can carry a deer rifle with me as well. a .22 is nawt an option for me (19yo) but i am legal for a pellet pistol
I'm learnin' and I've got nothin' but time

alscalls

I would recommend a catch pole as to not tear up the hide, and a pellet pistol is a bit to light in my opinion for a clean kill.
You can make your own catch pole real easy with some cable from tractor supply and some conduit.
I just fear you could get in a bad situation with a pellet pistol and wish you had more. :wink:
I used to carry a 22 mag with me just in case but rarely put a hole in a hide.....unless it was needed.
AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

FinsnFur

Yeah a little pistol would be the best. Shoot em in the ear and it'll be good night Irene.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Bopeye

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

pitw

A rap on the end of the nose and a knee behind the front leg will get the job done without much damage.
I say what I think not think what I say.

northern coyote

Quote from: pitw on July 25, 2009, 06:57:32 AM
A rap on the end of the nose and a knee behind the front leg will get the job done without much damage.
you tallkin bout the 'yotes or Irene? lol

Hawks Feather

Quote from: northern coyote on July 25, 2009, 05:08:22 PM
:roflmao:      :roflmao:      :roflmao:

northern coyote

my main question is how would a catch pole aid me in dispatch? as far as i know they are non-lethal, and thats kinda thw whole idea behind dispatch, i appreciate the advice and help, i just dont git where yur comin from?

5 SHOTS

Most catch poles will pull tight and lock to cut off the air supply. Another idea would be a cricket .22 rifle.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

alscalls

Ya lock the catch pole tightly around the neck as to cut off as much air as possible......then you control the animal by pushing its head in to the ground....while at the same time putting your knee behind the shoulder hard as to not allow any more air into the lungs.....takes about 10 -15 seconds if ya do it right......
Some say its mean but if ya tapped him hard enough first hes out any way.
The antis caused the fur price to drop with a whole in it and a better price without the whole so just look at it as their fault... :biggrin:
AL

pitw

Quote from: northern coyote on July 25, 2009, 05:08:22 PM

It kinda/sorta works on both :innocentwhistle:
I say what I think not think what I say.

northern coyote

thanks alscalls, so its like the whole kneelin on a knocked out fox trick, just with a pole added to the equation? sounds like it'll work, now i just gotta put it to practice come november

alscalls

Be carefull.....as a coyote can be a real buggar sometimes......show no fear....but keep it in mind.... :laf: :wink:
AL