• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

up'd my personal best channel cat.

Started by bigben, October 18, 2010, 08:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigben

another fella I met on a catfishing board graciously invited me aboard his boat yesterday for some cattin.  caught my pb which was 14.6lbs.  he ended up landing a 17.7 lb channel within 3 mins of being on the water yesterday.  his personal best as well.  very good day of catting and cant wait to get back out there. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

KySongDog

Heck of a nice fish.  Congrats, Ben.   :congrats:

Tikaani

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

slagmaker

That is one good looking fish. Congrats Ben.

What kind of tackel were ya using?
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

bigben

m/h spinner with 50lb braid.  30lb leader carolina rig fishing with 6/0 hooks and cut bait. 
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

JohnP

When they come for mine they better bring theirs

George Ackley

there you go , you will be a master cat fisherman in about a week or 2 :bowingsmilie:
Lift Your Truck, Fat Girls Cant Jump

coyote101

That's a great looking fish Ben, congratulations.  :highclap: :highclap:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

bigben

Quote from: George Ackley on October 18, 2010, 03:50:25 PM
there you go , you will be a master cat fisherman in about a week or 2 :bowingsmilie:

WTH is that supposed to mean george.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

bigben

actually he is back in the water to be caught another day.  we caught a bunch of fish.  big fish as well.  10-13lbs was avg.  we threw em all back.  who knows the big one that we boated at 17.7lbs might be a 20lbr next year. 

iahntr

Scott

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

cathryn

ive never caught a fish that big..congratulations,you did good.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

Yotehntr

Now that's a whopper there! Congrat Ben!  :yoyo:
Yotehntr calls... put something pretty on your lips :wink:

Hidehunter

Denver