• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Another TN TOM Down

Started by markTNhunter, April 13, 2013, 03:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markTNhunter

Watched a big long beard fly off the roost this morning about 100yards from me on to a little finger ridge he hit the ground strutting I made a couple soft calls to him he gobbled 3 or 4 times about 2 or 3 minutes I see 2 old hens walk up to him I knew it was over unless I could get the hens fired up and pissed off so I made a few cutts and some fighting purrs had the old Tom gobbling his head off and the hens cutting and yelping thought they were going to break my way but they went the other way gobbler following.While I was calling to them a 3 jakes snuck in on me one ofem was strutting putting on a show I passed on them they finally got bored and wandered off.Then every thing got quiet I sat there calling off and on till about 8:30 then decided to move across the holler to another big hard wood ridge that had a gas line running out the top got sit up there around 9:00 done some soft calling every 2 or 3 minutes or so then around 9:30 I heard him gobble under the hill across the gas line I made a few more clucks and purrs about 3 minutes later him and another big Tom popped out in the gas line about 30 yards I took aim and let the Mossburg 835 roll bang flop!
Click pic to inlarge

markTNhunter

gravesco hunter

Another great bird congrats

JohnP

Nice long beard.  Congratulations Mark.  Do you guys get turkey tags when you buy your yearly license, or do you have to draw for them?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

markTNhunter

JOHN P we buy our turkey tags seperat over the counter.we have the Hunt-fish combo licenses witch is for small game and fishing we have to have those to start with then buy big game tags over the counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Hawks Feather