• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Water-fowling

Started by Dave, December 27, 2013, 03:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I went out back with Dante and his buddy, Charlie, last week going after ducks and geese.  They managed to get a few. 
Threw some decoys out - both goose and duck - and only had luck getting a few geese to do fly-bys. 
Doesn't help that my one neighbor doesn't appreciate our hunting.  He paid us a visit - wouldn't even waive to either me or the boys - asked if we had permission (my property, but I never lose my temper with him) and then drove off in his Deere cart (but not before driving up and down his side of the creek looking for sign we may have been on his property).  He wasn't halfway to his house and one single duck (a merganser) comes flying right down the center of the creek.  I gave the boys the go ahead and they laid into it.  I thought for sure I was going to have a go-round with my neighbor, but he never returned.  The boys said they heard his girlfriend yelling from their house.  There's a long story there from awhile back, but I'm just going to post some pics from last week.
Here's the fish eater

Later that evening with a few minutes to go til end of legal hours, a few geese came over and the boys managed one of them. 

They breasted them out and cut them into small pieces.  I ground them both up, added an egg, bread crumbs and seasonings, and made five nice size burgers.  Good!

Then yesterday Dante and I headed down to jump shoot some geese that were on the water.  Once my wife heard Dante's gunshots, she opened the door and our dog hurried down to get in the pic!

And this was a few days before our goose season opened.  Just thought it was a good pic.

JohnP

Couple of happy boys and dog.  I had a neighbor like that once - he didn't last long. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

HuntnCarve

Good to see the boys getting out and enjoying their vacation time.  Glad Ol Shotzy was able to make the jaunt down to the creek and get in on the action too. :highclap:

Dave

FinsnFur

Absolutely mava lus  :congrats:   MAVA LUS!
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com