• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Pair of Quackers

Started by Spike, January 07, 2014, 05:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spike

Tonight my Dad and I took a walk down to the creek to look for some ducks or geese. Every day my mom takes the dogs for a walk close to where we hunt. Today before we left she took them around her usual loop. She said that every time she takes them, she jumps a plentiful amount of ducks, and sometimes geese. My dad and I went down right after her because it takes her a good 6 or 7 minutes till she starts to jump them. I went over the crest of the island and saw about 15 - 20 ducks. I snuck up as close as I could, but they started to flush. One drake was still on the water, so I ran up to him and flushed him up and shot him down with one shot using the red dot sight. After my shot I saw two more flying over my head. I quickly brought the gun up and drilled a hen. My dogs (Shotze) and (Javy) quickly found me and went out in the creek to fetch the ducks.

The other night, My dad was doing a quick push for deer before regs. closed, and pushed a fox passed me. I shot him because their has been a couple of foxes hanging around the chickens, and the other day got into the coop and killed one.     

Okanagan

Wow!  You're on a roll,  Machine Gun Dante!!!

How many critters and how many kinds of critters have you killed with that thing the first week you've owned it?

The company that makes it should sign you up as an advertising for the red dot.

Fos, look what you've started!

coyote101

Congratulations Dante!  :congrats: :congrats: You are quite the hunter.   :highclap: Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories. :biggrin:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

HuntnCarve

Now that's what I call a "team effort". :highclap:  Way to go Dante!  You are the Man!

Dave

Hawks Feather

Congratulations - again!   Keep on having fun with your hunting.  How much are fox selling for this year?

Jerry

nastygunz

Nice shootin!...How about some information on that shotgun and red dot?

Spike

Hawks Feather - I'm selling it for twenty bucks to a tanning place 30 minutes up the road. He said he'd take whatever I got as long as its not shot up.

Nasty guns - I'm using the SPARC red dot scope that I won in Fos's contest, and its on my dads 12 gauge 1100. I used buckshot for the deer and the fox and I have steel shot when going for ducks and geese.

Okanagan - I'm up to six critters and four different species.

code

Wow your on fire. Congrats. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: I haven't even shot with my scope yet. Looks like tomorrow I might get to though.
"One does not hunt in order to kill. On the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." --Jose Ortega y Gasset

FinsnFur

Very nice!! But uhhhhhhhh your making Dad look slack :doh2: :laf: :yoyo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Very nice!  Great pics too.   :congrats:

HaMeR

Cool deal Dante!! Congratulations on some fine shootin!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

Dale

shoot'em up young buck...
when you step out of the truck you become part of the food chain...