• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Turkey Season - Day 1

Started by Coulter, April 26, 2009, 10:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coulter

Well, it was a freakin' scorcher here for the turkey opener. We broke a record and hit 86 degrees. That ain't my kind of hunting :noway: I had fun being out nevertheless, but I wished I would have brought some water with me. I only managed to find a lone hen that I met up with on three different occasions. I also saw deer, geese, mallards and wood ducks that landed in the tree right above me. (Remember guys...keep your mouth closed when looking up at birds :puke:)

Anyway, here is my turkey arsenal since I didn't bag a bird I had to take a picture of something. Of course I think I still had some other calls stuffed away in different pockets, but these are my "go to" calls.

I will likely be missing the hunt this coming Saturday, but I plan on heading into New York to scout/hunt some land on Sunday that I was just told about. :eyebrow:

Steve

pitw

86  :puke:  22F when i got up here.  I think I see part of the problem as I don't see an arrow on the slate call so you know which way to point it :confused: and that light colored call looks like it has a hole in it :iroll:  whats with that?  You got bugs out down there too?  I'm sure you enjoyed yourself even with a mouthfull of wood duck stuff. :hahaha:
I say what I think not think what I say.

HuntnCarve

Pretty much the same here Kattycorner across the state.  Freaken hot!  Chiggers, ticks, and suddenly silent gobblers!  Heard a couple faint (probably  heat stroked?) gobbles a few hundred yards down the ridge very early in the morning. No takers.   These were later replaced with screams from my buddies as they plucked deer ticks off themselves!  Lymes disease is prevalent in these parts.  A fun time was had by all!  Fortunately I had an ice cold bottle of gatorade.  Trouble was it was a mile away in the truck!  I got home by 11:30, just in time to see the temperature bump ninety!  I hate hot weather!!!