• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Another 2006-2007 Release!

Started by keekee, August 08, 2006, 04:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keekee

Kee's Custom Calls has been working on these for awhile now, and after testing them out I feel good to release them!

This will be our new line of Predator Diaphragm calls.

These are custom built one at a time by hand!

Have a look and see what you think!

This is the Coyote Howler C-H Single reed Black.

This one is the...Coyote Howler/Puppy Wines P-W Double reed Brown.

This one is.......High Pitch Cottontail  H-P-C Green Single Reed.

This one is.....Raspy Cottontail R-C Single Reed White

These will be 6.00 each and available on the website SOON!

Or they can be ordered off this thread. Just shoot me a PM!

Thanks,
Brent

nailbender

I've been thinking about giving one of those calls a try.  But it just seem wrong to put somethin called a diaphram in my mouth. :confused: How difficult are they to master?? If I get past the other.

Rick223

Ive tried em they tickle me too much but guys that I know that can use them they are great you can make all kinds of sounds witout the movin around bit that yotes always see.And in my experience some people git it right away others never git it. youll have to give it a try.
Rick
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle

keekee

There not bad for me, But I been useing them for years. Some get the nack for them and some dont. All you can do is try them.

They will make some awesome howls, pup yelps, and death cries! It takes some practice but man they sound real!

Brent

CCP

Great looking calls Brent!! Wish I new How to use them.

QuoteBut it just seem wrong to put somethin called a diaphram in my mouth.

That s funny as hell :roflmao:
easterncoyotes.com

ccp@finsandfur.net

bigben

if some one could give me some pointers i would appreciate it.  I have tried and it doesn't seem to get the right sound to come out.  I also have a vision of me callin in a coyote with one of these and chokin on it because of getting coyote fever.
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

keekee

Are you trying to howl or distress call? And what kind of call are you using? How many reeds on it?

A turkey call will work, but if the call is not set up to break right it wont sound like you need it to.

When you go to blow the call the more pressure you put on the reed with your tongue the higher the pitch will be, by dropping your tongue off the reed real fast you will get short raspy squalls, vary the pressure and the amount of air you us to change up the sounds.

One of the important thing to remember is to bring the air from your diaphragm and not your lungs.

Brent

bigben

I tried a single reed quaker boy turkey call.  I don't think I had my tounge pressed against the reed when I did it.  I left it somewhat open.  and I got really raspy.  I will try that tonight.  and can the latex wear out in these diaphram calls or will it last a good while?
"If you want to know all about a man, go camping with him. Probably you think you know him already, but if you have never camped on the trail with him, you do not". Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper.

keekee

It will last a good while. Just keep them out of the heat. I store mine in the frig during the off season. Single reeds are easy to take care of, no chance of the reeds sticking togeather.

But over time the latex will wear out, and loose its stretch and back pressure. I have some I have had for 3 years or more.

Brent