• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Wasn't really looking, but.....

Started by Todd Rahm, May 03, 2011, 12:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Not sure Jerry, I hold it with my left hand and pull it back with the right?  :shrug:

No, I can hunt during regular seasons with a bow, bur need the cert for special bow hunts and bow drawing areas only, plus to get the 10 day head start on rifle seasons.

HaMeR

Quote from: HaMeR on May 06, 2011, 05:27:58 AM
You're probably at 300fps at 63lbs.  :eyebrow:

You're arrows are probably flying toward the target at 300 feet per second with a draw weight of 63 pounds.  :whew:  Man that was a lot of extra typing!!   :laf: :laf:

The faster your arrows the flatter your trajectory & less hold over you'll need. PLUS with the extra speed you can shoot a heavier arrow & broadhead combo for those big ol Moose & bears.  :biggrin:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

iahntr

That's a right handed bow.  I kinda looked at that too Jerry. But the quiver wouldn't be on this side, or the head of the bolt that holds the rest on, or the bracket on the sight,,,,
Scott

WldWldWest

At 63lbs I'll be very impressed if your getting 300fps but with the parallel limb design id say your in the high 280's maybe 290 for sure!

What I use to do when I shot alotta 3-D tournaments was to take a 35mm film canister and put a piece of para cord through it and tie it to my hip quiver and put a piece of foam in it and punch an arrow all the way through it from end to end and spray a couple of shots of Armor-All on the foam and every now and then run the arrow through it and it lubes it up really well and make pulling it out a breeze from any type of target!

Nice Bow! Good find!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Todd Rahm

It's my first compound bow WWW, and I couldn't even begin to guess what it shoots or even know how to figure it out. But I'll ask, is fast good or bad?

I'll take it to the range for the second time ever in a few days!  :biggrin:

WldWldWest

The faster it shoots the better! Fast= flatter trajectory, smaller sight pin gap and Ideally if you can shoot 1 pin out to 30yds that would be a huge plus!

"Choot...Choot em Jacob!"

!

Todd Rahm

Thanks WWW. I think the pins are set at 20,30,40,50 and 60 yards. I have tested it at 20 and 30 so far and they are dead on for me.