• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Got my hands on some .224 bullets

Started by Hidehunter, April 02, 2013, 07:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidehunter

Berger 52 gr hp's. Iv never shot em before. Just loaded some up with 35gr of varget. Me and my buddy gonna shoot some this week and try to call a yote or 2 in next week.

Anyway my question is has anybody tried em out? Gonna be slingin em out of my 250. It has a 1:12 twist. Im thinkin they may be a little to light. My gun loves a 55gr. But havent tried anything lighter. It says on the box 'recommended for 1:14" twist and faster'. I read on some other shooting forums that some people with same rifle as me was getting .2" @ 100. May fall on its face after that. Guess I will find out.

Denver                                           

Hawks Feather

While I really can't help you with your 22-250 loads, I can tell you that I really like Berger bullets.  When I shot bench rest they were the only bullet that I shot in competition.  I kept trying others, but kept coming back to the Bergers.  Not the cheapest bullet, but darn good.

Jerry

KySongDog

52 vs 55 seems like a minor change for the barrel.  It will be interesting to see if it makes that much difference.   

.2 is in the tack driving class!

Hidehunter

Berger actually has a calculater on their website that is pretty cool. You type in all the info and it tells you if yur barrel will stabalize it. My SG=1.5 and it says 1.5 or greater is adequete so im right on the line.

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Denver                                           

JohnP

I know a couple of guys that only load bergers in their 17Rem, if they can't find bergers they will not reload. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs