• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tip of the day

Started by bambam, April 19, 2018, 03:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bambam

The labour of the righteous tendeth to life , the fruit of the wicked to sin . Proverbs 10:16

bambam

Watching the left try to come up with a scheme to catch Pres. Trump is like watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch the road runner.

riverboss

It's painful to see such stupidity in our government.

Sent from my Vivo XI using Tapatalk

bambam

Pres. Trump's wall will cost less than the Obamacare website.

bambam

It is easier to build strong children than repair broken men. Frederick Douglas

pitw

People who don't shoot enough sure seem to wreck a lot of meat. :puke:
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

Real riches are the riches possessed inside .

bambam

A bad day hunting beats a good day at work.

bambam

You can't pick your family but you can pick your friends

bambam

The lips of the righteous feed many , but fools die for want of wisdom. Proverbs 10:21

bambam

Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded , even if you " know " it isn't.

bambam

When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat. Ronald Reagan

bambam

If you make a promise , keep it.

bambam

If people are free , they are not equal. If they are equal , they are not free.

bambam

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance. Thomas Sowell.

bambam

Don't paint yourself into a corner.

Okanagan

Bear lard makes wonderfully light and flakey pie crust!  I've heard that it is the best for making French pastries.

bambam

Quote from: Okanagan on December 01, 2019, 09:31:31 AM

Bear lard makes wonderfully light and flakey pie crust!  I've heard that it is the best for making French pastries.

Good boot grease too . I use it on mine.

Okanagan

Bear lard is extremely fine textured stuff.  I'm surprised that no one seems to use it in hand lotion (and give it some name to hide the source!)  After skinning a bear my hands are smooth for three days, and working with this lard has some of the same effect, lasting about 24 hours. Skinning takes me more time than rolling out a pie crust and works the fat into my hands more.   :innocentwhistle:

Picking and handling huckleberries has some of the same effect, making my hands smooth for a day or so.  I wonder if some substance in huckleberries is concentrated when the bear eats them and digests it, and is then transmitted through the bear fat.  There is a Ph.d. project for someone, maybe in organic chemistry.  :laf:

remrogers

Can't make up a name for anything. Government passed the "Truth in labeling act." Skunks were marketed under four or five names. Soon as it had to be called skunk, nobody wanted to wear it, even though it is a lustrous, beautiful fur that wears well.