• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Do it yourself camo

Started by 5 SHOTS, April 22, 2010, 07:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 SHOTS

Has anyone seen this yet? Better yet, who is willing to test it for me?  :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

http://www.camodipkit.com/
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

msmith

I dono. Hydrographics have been around for some time. If they now have it in kit form, it might be worth a shot. I have a couple of guns I might try it on. It is a bit pricy though at $99.
Mike

Aut Vinceri Aut Mori

Bopeye

That's pretty cool Art. I'll try it for you, just send me your tool box and I will give it a whirl.  :eyebrownod:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

FinsnFur

Yeah thats pretty much the same technique used on like the Fauxpro housings, Minaska's etc.
It looks tough to do by though...maybe I'll try it with the cat or something for starters.

I think you only get item done for each batch of that stuff too, so yeah it would be pricey.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

LORDDAL

Quote from: FinsnFur on April 22, 2010, 09:03:56 PM
Yeah thats pretty much the same technique used on like the Fauxpro housings, Minaska's etc.
It looks tough to do by though...maybe I'll try it with the cat or something for starters.

I think you only get item done for each batch of that stuff too, so yeah it would be pricey.
now you tell me jimbo should of told me sooner and i could of saved the cat the krylon
there's something you better understand about me, 'cause it's important and one day your life may depend on it. I am definitely a madman with a box!

Proud member of Bills Custom Calls Pro Staff

Okanagan

A felt pen is hard to beat for most do it yourself camo projects,  :biggrin:  though on something more permanent like a rifle stock, a nicer finish is good.  I have enough trouble finding things I have laid down without camo to hide them!    A friend camoed his rifle stock with spray paint cans and real leaves for patterns and it looks superb.  In snow, I have taped white cloth over an entire rifle and scope and left it for a winter calling season, then take it off when the snow is gone with no change in the original finish.  I never bothered to do that with woodland camo color but it is an option.

I still use my snow white metal TOA speaker as it came.  In snow it is good as is and on bare ground I drape cloth or leaves/ferns/a branch from the immediate area over it.  I asked for a non-camoed M1 from Minaska to save a buck but they sent me one in camo anyway, and I think they are all camo now with no non-camo option.  

The dip camo is artistic, but my curmudgeon comment is that it does more for the eye of the owner than it helps hunt critters.  Kinda pricey for art and if I'm buying that, I'd go for something to put on the mantel!   :laf:

5 SHOTS

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was curious about this stuff for use on some costom calls. I figured some people might like a camo call instead of a bright shiny call.  :shrug: :eyebrow:
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Todd Rahm

Well Mark Zepp has to do his some how?  :confused: 

Plus one kit would go a loooooooooooooooooooooong ways on calls.  :biggrin: