• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

My APBT Pup

Started by ATLRoach, March 02, 2008, 04:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATLRoach

Her is my newly added addition to my family .. Seamus.  He's Razor's Edge and Old School Greyline w/ a Blue Brindle coat of his dame with the build of his sire.

Here he is at 6 weeks:

With Sire/Blade(101lbs/25.5" head)-

At 8.5 Weeks:

With his brother Killian/Red Brindle Boxer-

Here iis the pics of the Father to get the idea of what he will look like when he's older:

If you are looking for a good non game pit I highly recommend Tommy and Amy O'Neil at:
www.Southernpridepitbulls.com

iahntr

Stocky suckers ain't they.  :laf:  Love the pic of him with your Boxer, that's great. I'm kinda partial to Boxers.
We lost two last year, very sad times, and got a new pup here a few months back. They're like the other kids,
they grow up fast.  :laf:
Scott

FinsnFur

:laf: cool looking dogs. I love that color
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

ATLRoach

Bopeye

That's a good looking bulldog!!!  :wink:
Foxpro Staff Infection Free

possumal

I sure hope he keeps a good disposition.  The way that rascal is going to be built, mean dogs better leave him alone.  What a powerhouse he is. Congrats on a beautiful pup. :highclap:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

bootmud

Cool looking critter.  Looks like he could be trouble from the genitals on down.  :nofgr:

bootmud
www.huntafp.org
www.kettlecreekcalls.com

ATLRoach

Quote from: possumal on March 06, 2008, 03:27:04 PM
I sure hope he keeps a good disposition.  The way that rascal is going to be built, mean dogs better leave him alone.  What a powerhouse he is. Congrats on a beautiful pup. :highclap:

I hope so too. The Blues have a better temperament than the Reds. We use alot of reds for catch dogs for pigs.

ATLRoach

Here is a fairly new pic at 4 1/2mo and 46lbs.

He's pushing 57lbs now and turns 6mo tomorrow.

Bopeye

Good looking Pit you have Kyle.

Have you ever been involved in the IWPA or ADBA weight pulls?

Foxpro Staff Infection Free

ATLRoach

I sure haven't I have only done ABKC shows.

tipmover

misfire

#1700 God's Speed my brother

ATLRoach

Quote from: misfire on July 03, 2008, 11:50:26 AM
Better lookin hat :biggrin:

I bleed Red and Black.. Seamus weighed in at 63lbs at a local fun show this weekend. He placed 4th, not bad for a 6mo old that can't sit still for over 5 mins.

misfire

Seems our blood runs the same colors
#1700 God's Speed my brother

ATLRoach

Starting to blow up..  His head and chest get bigger every day.

cathryn

is his dispositon still good?

i
im not gonna lie, id probably not get one if i had kids because id be worried theyd bite them but they are pretty dogs.

ATLRoach

Still great. He plays with the 4 yr old and 8 yr old boys next door all the time and is well socialized with multiple people. We eat outside at restaurants and goes to outside malls with my wife and I to meet people.

cathryn

hes a good lookin dog.

nastygunz

Quote from: cathryn on August 22, 2008, 11:22:39 PM
is his dispositon still good?

i
im not gonna lie, id probably not get one if i had kids because id be worried theyd bite them but they are pretty dogs.

Cathryn, pitbulls were originally bred for dog to dog aggession and ones that showed aggression to people were killed. In England they were known as the childs nursemaid due to their loyalty and gentleness with family. The dog on the show the little rascals, petey, was a pit bull. They used to be well thought of and popular main stream dogs...the reincarnation of the blood thirsty human killer is a relativeley new part of pitbull history. I have owned pitbulls since i was a kid and generaly find the biggest problem is the owner which filters down to the dogs. The pic of my old pit i posted in here, my nephews and nieces used to maul him, dress him, ride him, and he loved it, hed hear them and jump up tail just a-wagging....on the other hand, he had to be handled firmly around other dogs cuz he loved to fight....and hated cats. I have always found most pits people friendly but aggressive with other animals...just a few rambling facts... :biggrin:
-----------------------------
"A quality that was never bred into them was human aggression. Human "aggressive" (aggression may not be the most appropriate term, it is more likely that these dogs simply had a lower bite threshold) dogs were undesirable as these dogs required extensive handling prior and during their fights - most of these dogs were also family pets so no human "aggression" was ever tolerated.

Dogs that exhibited human "aggression" were typically killed, meaning that only human friendly lines were perpetuated and desired."