• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Mossberg Thunder, Old School!

Started by nastygunz, April 19, 2019, 06:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

You don't see many of these out in the turkey woods these days , Mossberg SSI-1 12 gauge turkey gun.  Has the exact same barrel and screw in choke as the Mossberg 835 ultra mag.  Really nice walnut and parkerized finish, breaks open by pushing the little lever under the trigger guard. 3 1/2 chamber.

nastygunz

SSi-ONEâ,,¢ TURKEY SHOTGUN

Single-shot, lever-opening, break action design with 3 1/2" chambered 12 gauge 24" overbored ported barrel and extended Ulti-Full turkey choke tube.
Includes matte metal finish, fluted, cut checkered, satin-finished black walnut stock and forend; swivel posts for quick-disconnect sling swivels, top tang
safety, cocking indicator and scope base. Features interchangeable "SSi" rifle and shotgun barrels.

coyote101

NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

nastygunz

There are really nice guns, if you look around there's a few for sale here and there. They were made to compete with the Thompson contender Way back when.  My main turkey gun for 20+ years is the Mossberg 835 turkey Cannon 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

nastygunz

People often think it is a rifle and that includes one eager young game warden  :biggrin: :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

I been looking for one.  Whenever we go into the big city I always check out a few pawn shops.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

They have a few on gunbroker now and then.