• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Still Alive and Kicking

Started by JohnP, September 11, 2016, 11:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

Well maybe not kicking but still alive.  Has been a rough few months, no need to go into detail, just take my word for it.  Don't mean to be melancholy or morbid but there comes a time when you finally realize your not invincible anymore and actually never were.  On my last visit (vacation at the VA) I was told absolutely no alcoholic beverages.  On the way home I asked Marge to pull into the Beverage House, bought a case of beer and a case of wine, bottle of Maker's Mark, Jameson and Bombay Gin.  Came home had two fingers of Maker's Mark followed by two beers, had a double Martini before dinner and a glass of wine with dinner had two fingers of Jameson as a nightcap.  Best I slept in the past two years.  I keep on telling Marge to buy me some good cigars and a pouch of Redman when she is out and about, seems to be falling on deaf ears!

Keep safe out there and have fun well you still can - cuz it ain't going to last forever. 
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

coyote101

I was wondering where you had been just the other day Mr. JohnP. Good to know you're still kicking. Take care.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

pitw

I say what I think not think what I say.

Hawks Feather

John,

Thanks for the update and I am glad that you are sleeping better.  If I had that much in one day I wouldn't be able to find my bed.   :biggrin:

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

Yes Sir Mr. John
Thanks for the update, like you I finally realised I am not 25 years old and have to slow down a little bit and it sounds like you have found a solution to solve some of the problems. Good for you. Your friend cc

HuntnCarve

Good to hear from you John.  Been wondering how you have been doing.  Hope the coming days find you and Marge enjoying what life has to offer.  It's all about simple pleasures.

Dave

HaMeR

Great to hear you're back home Mr. John!! I too am pleased to see you are enjoying life to the fullest!! Hope to hear from you more often again!!

BTW-- What would be your most humorous coyote hunt story & your most "DAMMIT !@*&^%#)(&*!!!" coyote hunt if you don't mind me asking these questions??

You're a lucky man to have Miss Marge!! I know Diane would do the same thing for me on my way home too!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

No Doctors going to tell you what to do lol :nono:
Good to hear from you my friend. Keep it comin :wink:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

KySongDog

Good hearing from you again, John.   I sure hope your VA is one of the better ones.   

Everyone dies but not everyone dies well.   A person should go out on their own terms I say.  But, like you, I'm trying to put that off for as long as possible.  :wink:

Okanagan

Yes, good to hear and a good update it was. I've ben thinking of you and wondering how you were doing.  I like KySongDog's comment to continue on your terms.

Dave

Glad to see your post John, but sorry to hear you're not feeling well. 
You remind me a lot of my dad.  He always used to say he'd rather live one day like a lion than a thousand like a lamb!
I'm praying for your better health

snafu

Best part about aging is. You can rip one off & blame the dog.
"Smartest man, knows but a grain of sand. In the desert of truth"

JohnP

Quote from: HaMeR on September 12, 2016, 01:41:11 PM
Great to hear you're back home Mr. John!! I too am pleased to see you are enjoying life to the fullest!! Hope to hear from you more often again!!

BTW-- What would be your most humorous coyote hunt story & your most "DAMMIT !@*&^%#)(&*!!!" coyote hunt if you don't mind me asking these questions??

You're a lucky man to have Miss Marge!! I know Diane would do the same thing for me on my way home too!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:

Glen I think one of the best was some years ago up north in the high country.  Had an old Fox Pro 16 I think it was playing jack in distress.  About two minutes into the call we had three coyotes coming in at a dead run.   We decided to have a bit of fun as they got within about 10 yards of the the caller we switched to a lone wolf howl.  The lead coyote tried to turn around but was going so fast he turned and started to tumble, the second one ran smack into him and also did the tumbling act while the third one just sat there as if to say "what just happened".

Dammit -  Again up north calling.  Found a nice spot up underneath some low hanging pine branches had the caller out about fifty yards  in front.  Turned the caller on and sat there for about 10/15 minutes without and response what so ever.  Got up to fetch the caller, heard a grunt behind me, turned and saw Mr. BIG Black bear who was no more than five feet behind me.  He growled, popped his teeth a time or two ---- I screamed at him ---- he turned and ran away, as did I.  Picked up the caller, went into town, stopped at the first saloon and spent the rest of the day there. 

Mandy is working on a series of short stories about her dad, she calls it "Soldier, Cowboy, Hunter but mostly Dad"

JohnP

Quote from: KySongDog on September 12, 2016, 08:49:42 PM
Good hearing from you again, John.   I sure hope your VA is one of the better ones.   

Everyone dies but not everyone dies well.   A person should go out on their own terms I say.  But, like you, I'm trying to put that off for as long as possible.  :wink:

We do have a good VA, once you get past all the bureaucratic bull.  Doctor's are great, nurse's  pretty and young and very respectful.  I know not all VA hospitals are a quality facility but I think the one in Tucson is.   

Okanagan

Quote from: JohnP on September 20, 2016, 11:40:44 PM
Quote from: HaMeR on September 12, 2016, 01:41:11 PM

Glen I think one of the best was some years ago up north in the high country.  Had an old Fox Pro 16 I think it was playing jack in distress.  About two minutes into the call we had three coyotes coming in at a dead run.   We decided to have a bit of fun as they got within about 10 yards of the the caller we switched to a lone wolf howl.  The lead coyote tried to turn around but was going so fast he turned and started to tumble, the second one ran smack into him and also did the tumbling act while the third one just sat there as if to say "what just happened".

Dammit -  Again up north calling.  Found a nice spot up underneath some low hanging pine branches had the caller out about fifty yards  in front.  Turned the caller on and sat there for about 10/15 minutes without and response what so ever.  Got up to fetch the caller, heard a grunt behind me, turned and saw Mr. BIG Black bear who was no more than five feet behind me.  He growled, popped his teeth a time or two ---- I screamed at him ---- he turned and ran away, as did I.  Picked up the caller, went into town, stopped at the first saloon and spent the rest of the day there. 

Mandy is working on a series of short stories about her dad, she calls it "Soldier, Cowboy, Hunter but mostly Dad"

Good stories, and I like the title of Mandy's book enough to pre-order!

HaMeR

Thank You Mr John!! Not sure which I liked more tho!! Those 2 coyotes bowling one another over or the bear looking for that free meal!! Good thing you got up when you did!!  :whew: :whew:

2 coyotes all balled up & one going  :hahaha: :hahaha:  :alscalls: :alscalls:

1 hunter going  :holdon: :holdon: :sad3: :sad3: & where's the "running for your life" smilie Jim!!!!
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

John,

I am eagerly awaiting the release of the stories.

Jerry

JohnP

I just want to let you guys know that it took me a little over an hour to type that and that is why I don't post very much anymore, but I do check in and read almost every day.   

HaMeR

I certainly appreciate your taking the time to post those Mr. John!! I was entertained by that post very much!! I would love to read the stories you are having written up as well.

LMAO @ Jim!!  :alscalls: :alscalls:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

2014-15 TBC-- 11