« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 09:29:23 PM »
Like this...
..."Sequim" :biggrin:
The Tailgate / Re: What is this? 12-12
« Last post by FinsnFur on Yesterday at 09:27:36 PM »
Jerry  :laf: :alscalls: :originalhahaha:
The Tailgate / Re: Apple pie for Punjabi neighbour revisited
« Last post by Okanagan on Yesterday at 08:49:03 PM »
All of the stories about goat/dog almost put me off my appetite!

I am back in Canada closing out the last stuff for the house.  As soon as I got here Amrit brought over a bowl of hot whitetail green goat stew, and some hot flat bread chapattis a few minutes later.  Zowie, they put a lot hotter spice in the whitetail than they did the goat last week!

We don't have internet yet on the Sequim end of things, so I will likely be sporadic for awhile.  I have an old laptop and can wander down to a latte shop with internet connection some morning. 

What is the correct pronunciation for Sequim?

The Tailgate / Re: What is this? 12-12
« Last post by Hawks Feather on Yesterday at 04:32:25 PM »
It was pretty popular 'back in the day' but not so much any more.

Jerry
The Tailgate / Today in history 12-16
« Last post by remrogers on Yesterday at 10:59:56 AM »
The Boston Tea Party

In Boston Harbor, a group of Massachusetts colonists disguised as Mohawk Indians board three British tea ships and dump 342 chests of tea into the harbor.

The midnight raid, popularly known as the “Boston Tea Party,” was in protest of the British Parliament’s Tea Act of 1773, a bill designed to save the faltering East India Company by greatly lowering its tea tax and granting it a virtual monopoly on the American tea trade. The low tax allowed the East India Company to undercut even tea smuggled into America by Dutch traders, and many colonists viewed the act as another example of taxation tyranny.

When three tea ships, the Dartmouth, the Eleanor, and the Beaver, arrived in Boston Harbor, the colonists demanded that the tea be returned to England. After Massachusetts Governor Thomas Hutchinson refused, Patriot leader Samuel Adams organized the “tea party” with about 60 members of the Sons of Liberty, his underground resistance group. The British tea dumped in Boston Harbor on the night of December 16 was valued at some $18,000.

Parliament, outraged by the blatant destruction of British property, enacted the Coercive Acts, also known as the Intolerable Acts, in 1774. The Coercive Acts closed Boston to merchant shipping, established formal British military rule in Massachusetts, made British officials immune to criminal prosecution in America, and required colonists to quarter British troops. The colonists subsequently called the first Continental Congress to consider a united American resistance to the British.
The Tailgate / Re: Apple pie for Punjabi neighbour revisited
« Last post by Okanagan on Yesterday at 10:29:54 AM »
pitw, thank you.  For good or for bad, you know that I'll be replaced in Canada by Punjabi's...  :huh:  :wo:
The Tailgate / Re: Warrior!
« Last post by Okanagan on Yesterday at 10:10:23 AM »
That's awesome !

Yes!

I'll bet there are quite a few who did not get purple hearts for the same reason.  I had an uncle who died about five years ago who drove a tank and tank retriever across North Africa and Europe, and had three tanks shot out from under him.  He got a back and leg injury, internal, in one of those, but never did report sick.  He knew that if he got hospitalized that he would not get back to his same outfit and did not want to leave the men fighting beside him.  He limped and hurt till he died without ever any recognition or injury pension.

The Tailgate / Re: Tip of the day
« Last post by bambam on Yesterday at 09:54:38 AM »

Man is like to vanity , his days are as a shadow that passeth away . Psalm 144:4
The Tailgate / Re: Warrior!
« Last post by bambam on Yesterday at 09:52:44 AM »
That's awesome !
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10