• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Reloading equipment

Started by CCP, April 09, 2010, 01:06:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks Feather

CC,

I went to Sinclair's today just to say good-bye and pick up a few primers.  I asked about the Hornady concentricity tool and was told that it works about the same as the other concentricity tools that are currently being made.  I asked about the bullet adjustment part of the program and was told that it is not what it is cracked up to be.  They guy that I was talking with had 5 rounds that had between .003 and .005 run out.  He worked for over an hour and had one down to .002.  He thought that maybe he was just getting frustrated and went back a couple of days later.  To get the next down to .002 took and hour and a half, so he is not sold on the unit for correction applications.  He did say that it might work better if it were being used on a case that had a neck which had not been sized by a standard die.  He suggested if I really wanted success with it to use the Wilson neck die and use a larger diameter sizing ring so that there would be easier movement of the bullet.  I told him I was not going to be using it at all, but was checking for another person.

Jerry

Carolina Coyote

VV, I do have 243 Swam Brass with Federal and Remington stamp on them but that does not guarantee they made it, I do understand how to Bump the shoulder back using a full length Die but was thinking it would be better to check the Bump using some kind of Gauge instead of having to crank the Brass thur the Rifle, Chambering the Brass will tell you it needs to be bumped back but not how much, On the Annealing I was wondering what you were using to check the Temperature during heating.

Jerry ,Thanks for checking on the Hornady Concentricity Tool, I will look at some of the other Tools you recommended. I am still working on the new powder load for the Wssm, I tried the loads I had made up this past weekend but was using a portable shooting stand that I was hoping would work but it was so much movement I could not hold the rifle steady enough to run a test like that. I'm sure you do hate to see Sinclair move, they are a good business  and a good source of info, I do buy from them a lot, it is getting hard to find reloading products around here the only place for me now is about 45 miles. Thanks for the information.