• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Finally!!!

Started by slagmaker, August 17, 2010, 08:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slagmaker

I start work Monday morning. :bowingsmilie:

After 20 months of unemployment I now have a job across the street from the factory I was working at. :shrug:

I had actually gotten two job offers in one day :yoyo: and after deciding which one I would take I received another phone call for another job oppertunity :biggrin:. Going to check that one out cause they offer a better benefits package.

I will be working in my chosen profession as an industrial maintenance tech. Good money and I get to go back to school so I can receive my journyman certification.
Don't bring shame to our sport.

He died for dipshits too.

pitw

That's great slag.  How is the knife coming along?
I say what I think not think what I say.

coyote101

Great news Bear!  :highclap: :highclap: I'm glad that it has finally worked out for you. Good luck with the new job.

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Carolina Coyote

Glad to hear you got a job. 20 months without one is a long time. cc

Jeb

slagmaker

Quote from: pitw on August 17, 2010, 08:55:57 AM
That's great slag.  How is the knife coming along?

Well it looks nothing like a knife right now. In fact right now it looks like about 2 quarts worth of black sand. In fact this new job will be a godsend for help in making that knife as it is a sintering facility. I can temper it a lot easier in an electric furnace than I can in a coke fired retort.

I even have another job interview Friday morning. Going to see what kind of benifits they have.

It is always easier to find a job when you have a job.

pitw

Are either of these jobs going to cause a problem for your coming to the LBL?  If so quit now so you don't have to agonize over it later :wink:.

HaMeR

Sure glad you got the job Slag!! Congratulations!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

slagmaker

When I was offered the job I told them that I needed the first weekend in Feb off and they said "that wont be a problem"  so I am covered.

HaMeR

Quote from: slagmaker on August 17, 2010, 03:11:42 PM
When I was offered the job I told them that I needed the first weekend in Feb off and they said "that wont be a problem"  so I am covered.

:yoyo: :yoyo:
Glen

RIP Russ,Blaine,Darrell

http://brightwoodturnings.com

2014-15 TBC-- 11

pitw

Good thinking to put that in :bowingsmilie: :bowingsmilie:.

alscalls

AL

http://alscalls.googlepages.com/alscalls

iahntr

Very cool !!!  :yoyo: :yoyo:
Congratulations Slag !!  :highclap: :highclap:
Scott

JohnP

Congratulations Slag, I sure am happy for ya. :thumb2:
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

weedwalker

Congradulations Bear !! :highclap: Them Lucky Charms finally came thru for ya. :wink:

Silencer

thats great news, congrats !!!   :yoyo:

KySongDog

That is real good news, Slag!      :congrats:

Welcome back to the rat race.  :wink:

Frogman

You can't kill 'em from the recliner!!

vvarmitr

Congrats Slag!  :congrats:

:whew: Good thinkin'!

slagmaker

Well I have now compleated 3 whole days at my new place of employment :yoyo: :congrats:. It feels good to be back at work but this place is going to be taking some getting used to. It is a sintering "powder metal" facility, that means dirty, oily and nasty. That is no big deal but every factory has a background noise to it and this one has a real funky one to it. It takes some getting used to before you can actually understand what someone is saying to you :shrug:. Then there is the funky lay out of the lines and machines  :rolleye:. BUT that is all right I will learn it and it shouldnt take to long. After labor day I go onto second shift :pout: thats a bummer but I will make the most of it. It will mean hunting in the mornings :wink: and it will make it a little trickier seeing my daughter :wo: but we will manage.
I am not complaining I just praise the lord I am back to work! :biggrin: