• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Native subsistence!

Started by Todd Rahm, August 29, 2010, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Barry, I didn't want to hi-jack OK's thread, but heres some reading of interest.

http://www.adn.com/2008/07/29/478088/caribou-slaughter-leaves-calves.html

Tikaani

I have native friends and there are good people in the villages that do rely on subsistence, unfortunately there are those that throw the race card everytime they get caught F'ing up.  It is a touchy subject around here as you well know Todd.  I always laugh, followed by a generally pissed off mood on the whole "staying true to our cultural heritage" bullshit.  Last time I checked your cultural heritage did not involve a $10,000 snowmachine bought with government subsidized dollars and the tank filled with fuel bought with a welfare check.  Like I said there are those who need and rely on subsistence,  if you want cultural heritage grab a long bow or spear and go hunt a bear like your fore fathers did,  just don't try and stuff a bullshit sandwich down my throat.  Now I am going to go and take a couple of deep breaths and get ready for moose season.

Hunt hard, Die tired
John
Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Todd Rahm

Yeah John, this is an extreme and there are great folks out there, mostly the older ones.  :biggrin:

But I share your views 100%, and get a lil irritated when they start fiddling with what lil hunting rights we have.

pitw

Quote from: Todd Rahm on August 29, 2010, 05:55:20 PM
Barry, I didn't want to hi-jack OK's thread

Yeah I hate doing that too :innocentwhistle:.

Down[that is so cool to print] here we have our problems too.  These guys can and do stuff we are not allowed to.  A couple years ago the Fish and Wildlife captured two trailers of Elk in our National park and were putting them outside.  Natives found out where and got most of them as they were quite tame.  Then there are the landowners who get pissed at hunters and bring in a bunch of natives to level a problem herd of anything.  They show up with refrigeration units and do a number.  I think what mess's with most peoples minds here is the fact that a very high percentage of Natives live on welfare that pays better than a lot of jobs here.  I have no problem with anyone hungry shooting and eating a deer or three but I know if all did it[especially after seeing how many people are on the side of America I drove down to KY/TN :puke:] then we would run out quickly.
Barry
I say what I think not think what I say.

Carolina Coyote

Its amazing how all these Political Correct people love to spent other peoples money, you should see some of the grocery stores on the last Friday of the month down South, Some people with 2 or 3 carts packed full of enough food to feed Army and pay for it with Food Card and then they go outside and load it up in a big Black Cadillac, and most of them will weight between 300 and 500  pounds. What are all these people going to do when they finally kill the goose with the golden egg.  :shrug: cc