• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Hangin out with a few old friends...

Started by nastygunz, September 03, 2010, 10:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nastygunz

..so after a long hard week of work..I get home glad its Friday and gladder I have a 3 day weekend coming up...the house is all quiet..I thought to myself of a few things I wanted to get done...and wound up in a lawn chair on the back patio with the boombox..a cooler  :eyebrow:...and some good country music radio...does anybody listen to the radio anymore what with Ipods and satellite..cable...etc, etc...that lil Taylor Swift, shes pretty as a picture and sings like a nightingale...Brad Paisley and the fishing song...love it...I had an epiphany...I was listening to some flavor of the moment country band thinking is this song ever going to end?...it did  :congrats:...and then Alan Jackson came on and was singing the song "Drive"...and I was singing right along with him...and it struck me..thats the difference between a legend and other singers..when you sing along and know the words to their songs...I had my cell phone with me..it rang a few times...I ignored it...had a few big gray squirrels pass me by...they got off free..this time ...George Strait.."Pure Country" I never get sick of that movie !......Garth...you know your the man when you can go by one name like Garth...Toby Keith, "American Soldier"...made me think of all the people overseas who cant have a cold beer n kick back in their back yards today...and the ones who never will again...Oh Lordy just listened to some George Jones, Merle Haggard and Chris Ledoux...if Hank, Jr comes on Im headin for the liquor cabinet!... I hope everyone has a good safe Labor Day Weekend  :yoyo:

bambam

Sounds like a good way to relax after a long week. I like to add a little campfire. have a good weekend everyone.

pitw

Morning Nasty.  I don't got a radio in my sprayer but I do in my truck and at home.  I also turn the tv on to radio stations to listen to.  Being a country boy I hardly ever listen to country music as some of them boys know not of what they are singing.  I prefer talk radio and ballad type songs.  I did enjoy the fact you have your priority's straight with the cell phone :eyebrow:.
I say what I think not think what I say.

possumal

Nasty, sounds like good plans.  You didn't mention Merle though indicating you might already be into that liquor stash.  :laf: :eyebrownod: :nono:
Al Prather
Foxpro Field Staff

nastygunz

Well that quiet little patio party turned into a pretty lively fajita and libations party  :yoyo:...didnt get up tooo early this morning  :innocentwhistle:

Huntinbull

My grand-pa on my mom's side ALWAYS had a radio going while sitting in the shade having a few "barley pops".
whether it was old or classic country (just called country then) or a baseball game, didn't matter much to him.

Thanks for the memories.
Huntinbull

Christian Outdoorsman. Certified Ohio Hunter Ed and Trapper Ed Instructor.