• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Bowfishing advice.

Started by Todd Rahm, February 17, 2018, 05:53:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

centerfire_223

Any time you get ready for that catfish just let me know, you have an open invitation.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

5 SHOTS

I will do a little checking and find out more, but I know they harpoon paddlefish at the Fort Peck dredge cuts. That is about 150 miles from here. They snag paddlefish just 15 miles outside of town, at Intake, but I haven't ever heard of anyone harpooning them there.
sometimes I wonder....is that getting closer..... then it hits me

I had a personal conflict the other day, now I'm not speaking to myself.... I'm getting lonesome

I met the girl of my dreams, I was the man of her dreams too.....she used the term "nightmares" though.

Todd Rahm

FinsnFur

I cant believe we dont have any ShishkaBobbed fish pics posted in here yet. :laf:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Hawks Feather

Todd mentioned that he had to wait till the ice was off, but I think a REAL bow fisherman would cut a hole in the ice to start practicing.   :innocentwhistle:

Jerry

FinsnFur

:alscalls: I think they actually do that somewhere dont they?
Maybe it's spearing they do through the ice :wo:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

coyote101

Quote from: Todd Rahm on March 09, 2018, 02:10:08 PM
I'm more a George Of The Jungle generation.  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

"Watch out for that tree!"  :laugh2:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

Todd Rahm

Got her together. Just got the rod tip and need to add it then I'm ready to go align the rest. (Don't pay attention to the slide on the arrow. I just slapped the arrow on for the pic.)

JohnP

As far as bowfishing goes I have no idea what I'm looking at - but it sure looks lethal.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

Well John, I'm sure the bow is lethal, its me that'll need the work.  :innocentwhistle:

centerfire_223

Looks good, but for me the sight would have to go. You will see soon, they aren't much good for bowfishing. Reason being every shot changes the sighting picture. It will work ok if the fish is right on top of the water but every foot deep the fish is, requires on average of holding 4" low. So a fish 3 foot deep you will hold under it a foot. Sounds crazy but it all has to do with the light refraction of the water.

Rule of thumb, when you think your aiming low enough go another 6 inches. Good looking setup though.

I seen on another thread you may be moving to Tennessee, that is bowfishing heaven. Especially around Chattanooga, you have Lake Nickajack, Guntersville, Chickamagua. All great lakes to shoot, with huge grass carp, catfish and buffalo.
Ronnie Cannon

------------->-

Todd Rahm

It might stay too long. I planned using one pin at either 10 or 20 foot until I get the hang of it. Unlike big fat carp targets, Pike will be some what stationary or slow moving in shallow water. (I hope) I have a formula written down somewhere that I got off the deep dark net. I think its kind of what you said, 4" for every foot down and double for every 10' away (or something like that). I'm sure I'll miss my fair share during the learning curve.

Yeah, I would like to move sooner then later but the wife is thinking later.  :innocentwhistle: I'm just trying to do a little state research and I'll probably make a few scouting trips.  :biggrin: