• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Tennessee

Started by Todd Rahm, March 27, 2018, 11:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Rahm

Well if ya live in or around Tennessee, I probably wan to talk to you.  :biggrin: I'm trying figure out which part of the state would be best for me and the wife based on our hobbies, political views, and such.

Currently researching the following.
Taxes
Fishing and Hunting Regs
Concealed/Hand Gun Permits
State/Area Political leanings.

We can exchange post or you can message me your telephone number and I can call.

Wife likes to hike, bike, kayak and wants to probably be close enough to a big town for here have access to things.

Me, I kinda want a piece of property with fishing on it and maybe hunting. Maybe a little acreage. I prefer rural but can forgo that if it keeps the wife happy. I'll be all about hunting and fishing, good coffee and good beer.  :biggrin: (I hate big cities)  :innocentwhistle:

JohnP

Todd - Are you locked into TN?
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

riverboss

Look at the western end of the state and LBL will be in your back door.

Sent from my Tank Xtreme 5.0 using Tapatalk

Todd Rahm

Well not a 100% John. Wife likes it. It has four seasons, centrally located between her family and mine, taxes are good, and it has beautiful country.

Ideally we would like to get a 5th wheel and travel a little to see where we want to go.

FinsnFur

Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

nastygunz

Im moving to JohnPs bbq pit👍🇺🇸😉😇🍺🍺🍺🍺

JohnP

We have just about everything you're looking for with the exception of fishing and kayaking and the four seasons.  However northern AZ does have the water, big lakes, rivers, and the four seasons.  Plus when the hot weather gets unbearable down here on the border I can come visit you up north.  Google areas like Pine Top, Alpine, Winslow, Show Low all good hunting and fishing areas.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Sometimes these New England winters get real oldddddddd  :argh:

Todd Rahm

Well John, while I appreciate the offer, I'm trying to avoid anything on the border.  :biggrin: What I mean by border, is anything thing that borders Washington, Oregon, California and Mexico.  Where I think the NEW wall should go.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

...everything except fishing and kayaking?
I'm out :doh2:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers

Todd Rahm

Jim, Tennessee seems to be rich with fishing and Kayaking areas.  :biggrin:  Says 90% of the property is private, so not sure about the hunting?  :wo:

Hawks Feather

You can always head north or south to go hunting.

Todd Rahm

That's also a great option to Jerry. So far I have made connections with and spoke to 3 people in Tennessee I know, and there are a couple of more I'm tracking down. They are located in Crossville, Harriman and the other in Dunlap. All three are a wealth of info and hospitality and have me settled on Eastern Tennessee for sure.  I have done so much research in the last month that feel like I grew up there.  Much more to go but I'm pretty sure its going to involve a handful of scouting trips.  :biggrin:

riverboss

I worked with a guy who moved down around pigeon forge a few yrs ago. He loved it but moved back late summer because of him wife.
Well he just moved back again last weekend.
He's retired and can find odd jobs very easy and loves the weather.

Hawks Feather

Quote from: riverboss on April 07, 2018, 05:10:05 PM
I worked with a guy who moved down around pigeon forge a few yrs ago. He loved it but moved back late summer because of him wife.
Well he just moved back again last weekend.

So did he leave his wife or get a new one?

Jerry

riverboss

No she went back with him. She thought she missed her mother, but after being back she missed shopping in Gatlinburg everyday more.

Todd Rahm

My wife is a go for Tennessee, matter fact it was initially her ideal.  :biggrin:  My family is about 6 hours north in Indiana and hers is about 2 hours south in Georgia.  The funny thing about Alaskans, is both those are day trips.   :eyebrownod: I'll drive 5 hours fish all day and drive back home that night.

Those are both areas on my list to check into. I have about 8 towns/areas in the east I want to look at, but I either want to be close to/in the mountains or near an area I can muskie fish,  :biggrin: Plus close enough to the Airport in Alcoa, so I can commute back and forth to the North Slope.

Melton Hill area looks kind of nice too.

KySongDog

Todd.....You might consider West Kentucky. Say around Hopkinsville (that's coyote 101 territory).   Hour away from Nashville, close to LBL, and about an 1 1/2 hours away from southern Indiana.   Property cost for some acreage should be less than Tennessee too.

Todd Rahm

KSD, I would have to look into it. Wife likes the idea of Tennessee and like the fact they don't tax my retirement or current added income.  :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Quote from: Todd Rahm on April 07, 2018, 08:59:15 PM
I'll drive 5 hours fish all day and drive back home that night.

Boyeee, that dont leave much fishing time in between.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers