• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.
Main Menu

Hello From Alaska

Started by Tikaani, July 10, 2018, 12:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tikaani

Once again it has been a while. Just wanted to post a few pictures and say hello.

Started to take Vets out, I let them use my spare snowmachine and take them on Winter Caribou hunts and ice fishing.  Some guys want to go it alone and have never hunted up here. I give them areas to go and as much advice as I can. They have been very successful.  After I retired I didn't want much to do with the military but this has been very satisfying and I will continue to be involved with them.

As for Dian and I, life up here keeps moving along. The winters seem to get longer, colder and darker. But the Grandkids keep us feeling young. They continue to learn to handle firearms, fish, and are getting old enough to start heading out further into the wild to learn to hunt. Ice fishing has peaked their interest.

We now have a grand daughter, she will be well protected with 5 brothers lol.

Last years moose hunting was good, three down and the families freezers were full with an additional two caribou.

That's about it I guess, take care.

Hunt Hard, Die Tired
John

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Growing Old Ain't for Pussies.

Hawks Feather

When I look at the pictures of your hunting and fishing I wish I was there long enough to enjoy some of them. Then I think of the temperatures and harsh weather that can happen and am glad that I am in Ohio.

Jerry

FinsnFur

I am so jealous! My face is peelin off from sunburn. My boxers turn themselves completely around during the day from sweating in this blistering heat and humidity.
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com

Okanagan

Tickled to hear from you and how things are going.  We've missed your angle on life that shows in your pics and posts.  Good on you for taking vets out.  Great photos as usual.

Got a kick out of the target low on the moose ribs!

As a hunter-gatherer I picked seven pies worth of the little native wild blackberries today, stealing them from the black bears.

Tikaani

Ok, it was marking tape so I could find my way back to the boat. LOL when you are almost 60 years old, packing a moose quarter 200 yards, you spend more time hunched over sucking air then walking upright.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

pitw

Awesome picta post John. 
Enjoy the [L] outta the grand daughter and be prepared for the twisty part as she wraps ya around her itty finger.
I say what I think not think what I say.

Tikaani

Ok, love wild berries, we are getting close to wild blueberry season here. It is without doubt Dians' favorite time of the year.

pitw, my two daughters have me well versed in being wrapped around their fingers, I don't stand a chance with the little one now.

Jim, saw your picture, they have this amazing stuff, its called sunscreen. You can have that humidity, I remember it when I was stationed in Georgia.

Hawk, -40 really isn't that bad, you get used to it, kind of like humidity lol.

It is good to hear from all you, I hope all is well.

coyote101

Good to know you are alive and well, John. Thanks for the pictures, and congratulations on the new addition.  :congrats:

Pat
NRA Life Member

"On the plains of hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the dawn of decision, sat down to wait, and waiting died." - Sam Ewing

JohnP

Welcome back John.  Missed ya.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

Todd Rahm

Good stuff John and good to hear from ya. One of these days I should stop in for coffee.  :wink:

Hawks Feather

Quote from: Todd Rahm on July 16, 2018, 11:06:10 PM
Good stuff John and good to hear from ya. One of these days I should stop in for coffee.  :wink:

Both of you are always invited to stop in here for coffee.

Jerry

KySongDog

Good to see all is well with you and Dian.   Me and the boss might be heading back your way next year. Don't know for sure yet.

Johnny