• Welcome to FinsandFur.net Forums.

Headed into the Northeast

Started by remrogers, November 21, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

remrogers

Going to New York tomorrow morning for a visit and deer hunt. Have know my friend since 1969 when we met in college. Will try to get on line to confirm the "What is this?" guesses. Will see how that works. Have a safe and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

pitw

Can't imagine going to NY to deer hunt, but good luck and have more fun than is legal.
I say what I think not think what I say.

bambam

JohnP

Quote from: pitw on November 21, 2018, 11:52:07 AM
Can't imagine going to NY to deer hunt, but good luck and have more fun than is legal.

What pitw said.
When they come for mine they better bring theirs

nastygunz

Upstate NY is some fine hunting country, not so much for NYC.

remrogers

About 85 miles west of Albany at my buddies place. Saw five bucks yesterday afternoon, but nothing we were interested in. Passed on a small 3x3 this morning. Was -2 when I got here yesterday morning and now at 37 with chance of rain mixed with snow. Have been told there are 2 4x4 bucks and one real nice 5x5 running around between this place and the neighbor"s. Will hold out for a few days and see what develops. When into town after the morning hunt and darn nearly had a wild turkey in the middle of the windshield. Saw half dozen more on the way back out to the farm. Have five more days and hope to help him get some meat into the freezer.

Hawks Feather

If you wouldn't have hit your brake you might have had turkey meat in the freezer.   :biggrin:

Good luck with the hunt.

Jerry

remrogers

Been seeing ten to twenty deer every day, just nothing we are in a hurry to put in the freezer. Been in the upper 30's and the snow is disappearing rather quickly. Will probably take a doe tomorrow for the freezer.

remrogers

Yup, took one for the freezer. 3 on one side and a spike on the other. Must have damaged the right side early on when starting to grow. It was a bit misshapen, but he should be good eating. Now to get my buddies and fill a couple doe tags.
Was finishing up cleaning and splitting him open to cool when the picture was taken. Started snowing around 3 this morning and still coming down.
Forecast is for three to ten inches by tomorrow.

pitw

Nice place to work on em.  Good job. :congrats:
I say what I think not think what I say.

chieftain

bambam

nastygunz

Thats a sweeeeet lookin Kubota behind you! We got some snow today. What is all that red stuff in the snow? You never see that when you're in in the meat aisle at your local supermarket? :innocentwhistle: :biggrin:

FinsnFur

Well I was gonna say good luck but like they say, its the thought that counts and it looks like it held true this time. :laf: Nice Harvest :congrats:
Fins and Fur Web Hosting

Custom built websites, commercial/personal
   Online Stores
   Domain Names
   Domain Transfers
   Free site maintenance & updates

http://finsandfurhosting.com